Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Superstar – a tale of good service
  • kevin1911

I know Superstar have had their fair share of berating on here for their service, but I’ve just had a really good experience with them, and thought I’d share.

I bought a set of their DH wheels off some guy, sold as in new condition – and they looked brand new when they arrived. But when I put the rear wheel on the bike and tightened the thru axle, the wheel became really draggy. Everything looked ok as far as I could see. I emailed the guys at Superstar half expecting them to say they wouldn’t or couldn’t help as I wasn’t the original owner. Couldn’t be further from the truth. They politely made it clear that it wouldn’t be covered under warranty, but spent quite a bit of time with me helping to diagnose the problem, including inspecting photos I sent them. They suggested that the axle end cap didn’t look like one off any of their products and suggested I replace it (only £14 for the entire 150x12mm axle assembly). Hey presto, it works perfectly.

It seems the previous owner must have either swapped it for something else or got his parts mixed up between bikes or something…

Overall, I’m quite impressed!

K

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You can’t really argue with that can you? 🙂

chojin
    Free Member

I’m quite a fan of superstar, whenever I’ve needed to return stuff (simply because I’ve changed my mind), they’ve been great. Easy to get hold of on the phone too.

I really don’t know what the fuss is about.

sbob
    Free Member

As a general rule of thumb, for every shouty ranty unhappy customer that you hear about, there will be a thousand happy customers that you don’t.

float
    Free Member

yeah but if you dont buy stuff from your LBS then you dont get good service when things go wrong!

oh wait…

ads678

I’ve only ever had good experiences with them. Cheap, stuff seems good for the price and fast delivery what more do you want.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Im sorry but this is not on. Its simply not the done thing to praise Superstar on here. Especially with tales of actual helpfulness, rather than unfounded tosh based on heresay.

(Well done Superstar BTW!)

fuzzhead
    Free Member

I’ve been using Superstar stuff for years, and their pedals in particular have taken a real beating, lasting much longer than much more expensive competitor products. Top stuff

And it comes dead quick

And i love the Haribo 🙂

Northwind

My Superstar experiences have been exactly as patchy and inconsistent as my Hope experiences, just cheaper.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Well I can’t say I’m overly pleased, I bought another set of wheels and there were no sweets! I mean WTF?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Superstar – a tale of good service’ is closed to new replies.