Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Superstar 9mm bolt thru front skewer
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

Hi guys, is there anything similar but easier to clamp with a better lever and more clamping force?

xdownhiller
    Free Member

you got a problem with yours ive just fitted one today am out morra ?

bland

The Superstar 10mm QR one maybe?

xdownhiller
    Free Member

ive just ordered one of those for the rear
    ive read the reveiws on superstars website and not one bad one ?

fd3chris
    Free Member

Mine is a brand new front 9 mm one but I find it awkward to get a lot of tension on it, it does work but the cheap plastic bush under the lever is not ideal. It’s just I have a new pair of qr forks and have been investigating the dt Swiss rws but the price is 4 times the ss one but then it looks like it clamps much tighter.

mdavids
    Free Member

Just DT swiss I think, bit pricey though. I replaced mine with the superstar one and its been fine.

xdownhiller
    Free Member

like i said i fitted mine this after and got just as much clamp as i could with the standard q/r
    did you notice a diffrence in the stiffness on the front end

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve used one for over a year, I’m not sure what extra stiffness you get as in percent wise but it def adds confidence knowing you have a solid 9mm axle supporting your wheel .

xdownhiller
    Free Member

i thought that when i saw it its pretty hefty init
    will let you know how i get on pal
    shaun

kimbers

american classic make one

not sure where you can get it over here though?

my superstar one has been absolutely fine I also have a chumba one thats quite similar and worked well

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

the dt swiss rws one gets a lot more clamping force/torque, which is where the siffness comes from.

I have some rs sids with a casting error, the rws has enough force to square up the stantions and show the error (wheel isn’t now centered), whereas the Superstar clamp does not.

JRA have stock of the metal handled rws ones, which are better than the plastic.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Thanks Turnerguy I might have to swallow the cost on this one as it does sound a lot more efficient design.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Superstar 9mm bolt thru front skewer’ is closed to new replies.