Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Superstar 9 & 10mm QR's – Any good?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Are these any good – I heard they were comming out – as an alternative to the very expensive RWS DT Swiss ones whihc bust when over-tightened? As at £7.99 they are good value?

uplink
    Free Member

Do they come with fitting tools?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Got a rear one – seems pretty tough to be honest

foxyrider
    Free Member

Hmm – tempted as my rear RWS has busted as I over tightened it and now its fixed not RWS 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Can anyone really notice the difference? Especially on the rear?

foxyrider
    Free Member

My reason was to get a greater clamping force witht the RWS system to stop my rear esp from moving in the dropout unter heavy braking myself – stop rear squeaks with my Five completely – I noticed a bit of extra stiffness as well 🙂

racing_ralph
    Free Member

i can't ride for shit so try to make myself feel like a riding god by buying burly stuff to look cool

paddyb
    Free Member

I got one to replace my dt when it got damaged. No complaints so far and very cheap compared to dt

retro83
    Free Member

Do i understand this right?
    You fit a 10 mm axle kit and one of these and it effectively gives you a thru axle rear wheel without using a maxle and with normal rear dropouts?

foxyrider
    Free Member

yup retro – you go from 5mm to 10mm – you can have a through bolt, threaded bolt or QR Axle depending on setup i.e. conversion kits – Got Pro II 10mm kit myself and 9mm front 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Superstar 9 & 10mm QR's – Any good?’ is closed to new replies.