Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Superorganism, Jools Holland
  • Ambrose

Superorganism played their tune, Nobody Cares. I’m feeling jaded because I cared enough to let people know that I just don’t ‘get’ it. The Albanians were wonderful, as was Dua Lipa (as ever).

seosamh77
    Free Member

I preferred them to dua lipa.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

They were entertainingly avant garde weren’t they? 🙂 Not a bad show tonight – can take or leave High Flying Birds – but their two songs tonight weren’t great. And yes, the Albanians were awesome.

somafunk

They are **** amazing, such a fun band to watch/perform and listen to, if you don’t like them then I imagine you’ll find something more to your taste on the Radio 2 playlist 😉

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’ve added them to my library anyhow, they’ve got 3 songs up. Quite fresh, a treat for your ears! 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

There seems to be a bit of an experimental thing going on with some bands these days, I hope it’s a general change of direction that gathers pace. 🙂

somafunk

They certainly complemented the 200 odd shrooms I had earlier on in the night 😀 currently got their 3 totally absurd but fantastic videos on rotation playing loudly at the moment

edlong
    Free Member

High Flying Birds

Genuinely not heard their stuff before and me and the missus were watching their show opener thinking “WTF? This is literally a Status Quo number with horns”

Whatever you might think of the Quo, I never thought what they needed was a horn section.

hodgynd
    Free Member

I thought Quo were great right up until I was 17…then my musical taste expanded while they continued to play the same song ( just with a different title )

hodgynd
    Free Member

Superorganism ..bubblegum pop ..boring !
    But that’s just my opinion ..and I don’t even listen to radio 2.

csb

Superorganism are like the modern Polyphonic Spree with less quasi cult worship.

CountZero

hodgynd – Member
    Superorganism ..bubblegum pop ..boring !
    But that’s just my opinion ..and I don’t even listen to radio 2

Not entirely sure Radio 2 would actually play them, are you a regular Heart listener?
    And there’s nothing wrong with ‘bubblegum pop’, at least those sort of recordings have actual tunes that are easily recognised and can be sung along to, unlike the greater majority of the producer-led cloned cookie-cutter stuff Radio 1 plays.

Superorganism are like the modern Polyphonic Spree with less quasi cult worship.

Seems about right, certainly very little appears to be known about them, at least as far as 6Music were concerned up until very recently.

136stu
    Free Member

Saw them on the midweek version – just assumed they were taking the P.

hodgynd
    Free Member

CountZero.. 😆
    As it happens I don’t listen to any radio ..preferring to explore what’s out there based on what I know I like ..and it isn’t sing-a-long pop drivel ..but I have an open mind and still explore recommendations if only to bin them…that was just my own take on what I’ve seen & heard ..if that’s ok?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Superorganism, Jools Holland’ is closed to new replies.