• This topic has 47 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Supermarkets…
  • thecaptain
    Free Member

Yes, but then my local is a Booths 🙂

Northwind

I really like an empty supermarket, especially late at night when they’re restocking and there’s stuff everywhere, it feels a bit like getting backstage and also quite zombieish and I totally approve of both of these feels.

I also like the 24 hour Asda (closed 2am to 5am) near mine, that’s proper scottish effrontery.

maccruiskeen

I also like the 24 hour Asda (closed 2am to 5am) near mine, that’s proper scottish effrontery.

Something that utterly bewildered me working south of the border – popping into a supermarket in York to get some supplies before a sunday shift – round the aisles, film my basket head to the checkout…. “sorry, we’re shut”

They can’t sell you anything because of sunday trading laws but open the store anyway ‘so that you can look’. And loads of people were doing just that- wandering around the aisles looking at stuff. Utterly bizarre.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Been working in a building next to Waitrose, Esher and I can vouch for the Milfs there! A better class of milf to boot!

hooli

Just in reply to hooli, I think one of the things that has increased my enjoyment of supermarkets is the purchase of a cargo bike. No parking wars, no idiots blocking the road, just roll past, lock up and stroll in, lovely.

I can sort of see what you mean but I still don’t fully get it.

My time is fairly limited so rather than cycle down to the supermarket and back a couple times a week, I would far rather cycle (on my good bike that I enjoy riding) in the direction of the local trails. I come back feeling relaxed and happy.

19ninety
    Free Member

Some interesting replies!
    To be clear, if I have to go shopping with the Mrs and/or kid on a Sunday… it’s 110% stressful, but alone after work I kinda close out all my surroundings and just chill out whilst having a mooch around.
    And I do also like a quick pedal to my local Aldi, great supermarket and the best bread!

funkmasterp

They can’t sell you anything because of sunday trading laws but open the store anyway ‘so that you can look’. And loads of people were doing just that- wandering around the aisles looking at stuff. Utterly bizarre.

That is utterly mental. Who goes to the supermarket just to browse? 😯

Jamie
    Free Member

I think it’s less to browse, and more to fill your trolley. Then you pay bang on when it’s legal.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Supermarkets…’ is closed to new replies.