Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Supermarket Whisky deals ?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Anyone seen any good deals on nice malts atm ?

Its for a gift for a general whisky lover – area not important he likes em all although for balance his favorite is glen dronach 12.

I know what id normally buy him- the dalwhinnie 15 as thats my usual gift for whisky lovers but just wondered if the oracle had any tips on especially good deals on something a bit different.

geoffj

Jura Elixir was on offer in Sainsbury for £26 or old pulteney navigator for £40.

MrOvershoot

One of my favorites on offer also @ Sainsburys
    Bowmore

johnners
    Free Member

That Bowmore is also on offer at Tesco for £25, as is Highland Park, I think Old P too. They’ve a few decent single malts around that price. Talisker Storm is at £30, apparently £10 off, though tbh who’d ever have paid £40 for that?

kcal

check out what local off-licences have as well, t_r, as our local petrol station always has some cracking deals.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Talisker Storm is great

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Bookmark this – https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsH9BBL4g1OhdDI0WGs0Zk5IN3lSZk5FS0xkaFhVZXc&usp=sharing – is updated regularly with latest Supermarket prices for various booze types..

peter1979
    Free Member

If you can get Highland Park for 25 quid that’s a great whisky. Jura isn’t that great, personally. Why not try one of the whisky places online, lots of choice then.
    What’s the budget? For 40 quid arberlour a’bunadh in waitrose is the best whisky you can get in supermarket.

opusone
    Free Member

I managed to drop (and smash) a £40 bottle of Tallisker single malt in the co-op in Kyle of Lochalsh. The staff insisted that I wasn’t allowed to pay for it, so I just got another and went on my way. Smelt great.

That any help?

opusone
    Free Member

Possibly more helpful – the Glen Dronach looks pretty similar to the Penderyn madeira (I’ve forgotten the exact name. It’s Welsh, so it’s a bit different, but maybe worth a thought.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Not everything can be solved online – tis why. Was at his this aftenoon.

Got an aberfeldy 12 for him . It was opened , sampled and thumbed up.

househusband

Local SPAR always seems to have far better deals than the supermarkets; Bowmore and Aberlour often £20 and Highland Park a few quid more.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Supermarket Whisky deals ?’ is closed to new replies.