Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • superdry jacket how do i stand
  • sam69
    Free Member

wife bought me a superdry jacket last xmas,hardley worn it ,and found out today its come all unstiched under the arms ,we not got the bill ,but my wife paid for it on her credit card ,she has the statement when she bought it,and ive not had it 12months,will they send it away to be restiched?how do i stand with my rights has i no im going to have a right up hill battle?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

WHo knows on the rights but if it looks relatively new then I woudl take it back and complain worse that happens is they tell you to do one.

nickswolves
    Free Member

Same thing happened to my jacket so I got it fixed for £3, good as new, at local dressmaker – I don’t think Superdry will offer any help 12 months down the line.

CountZero

I thought EU legislation offers two years guarantee against poor workmanship, but I could be wrong about it covering clothing.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

wife bought me a superdry jacket

Well, first of all you will need a new wife.

😉

manitou
    Free Member

Superdry stuff looks ok but is covered in terrible logos than mean **** all.

bruneep

take it back to shop, Mrs B’s chum to a T shirt back that was bobbling (without receipt) they gave her a credit note valid for 3 yrs 😯 No quibble at all.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Bit like most bikes then hey!

2 years protection under EU consumer law, but up to you to provide proof of purchase.

If you are near Cheltenham and they don’t sort it, pop round and camp on the owners drive…

druidh
    Free Member

Proof of purchase can be the credit card statement, it does not have to be a receipt.

I’m certainly no clothes snob and occassionally get chastised on here for my choice of apparel.

But Superdry, sorry – makes me cringe when I see grown men (even managers on the site where I’m working), wearing the same coat (with 3 zips up the front???) as my 12 year old daughter wears.

sam69
    Free Member

AGREE my wife boght it ,she is going to try and get a refund,has im sure the credit card will cover faulty goods?

Edric64
    Free Member

Superdry is shit overpriced stuff from a market trader in Cheltenham

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Who is now a multi millionaire…

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Get down to ARCO and get a decent jacket 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

I agree Japan Drag Team ’79 Flare Sausage.

clubber
    Free Member

Superdry is shit overpriced stuff from a
    market trader in Cheltenham

yep.

I still think it looks great, particularly the t shirts. 😕

manitou
    Free Member

the company was set up by the blokes that did Bench clothing.. the t shirts are so common now.. every bloke seems to be wearing them if you wander round the shops on a saturday.

They certainly have a very successful business model – can’t fault em for that.

Anyone remember Joe Bloggs?

proutster
    Free Member

if you wander round the shops on a saturday.

Why would you be doing that?

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Out of the rain.

CountZero

I’ve got a black Superdry beanie, but whenever I wander around their shops there’s hardly anything I’d feel happy to be actually wearing, although their hoodies are rather nice, very thick material, with just a small embroidered logo. If I’m going to wear something with a logo or design on it, I do like it to actually mean something… 😀

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Superdry is the new Bench as seen on Jeremy Kyle 😉

sam69
    Free Member

TOOK the coat back,said phone head office they said the store manager will not give a refund or replace it,im going threw the credit card company,will i get a refund threw them?

druidh
    Free Member

For what reason?

nedrapier

Go to the CC company. If they give you anything, through it on the ground.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ[/video]

sam69
    Free Member

no refund given older than 6 months

druidh
    Free Member

Since 2003, consumers have had extra benefit from The Sale And Supply of Goods To Consumers Regulations.

When goods are faulty, if you return them within six months then it’s up to the shop to prove they weren’t faulty when you bought them. After this, the burden of proof shifts and it’s up to you to prove they were faulty when you bought them.

But that’s not all. There’s another piece of legislation called the Limitations Act (it’s the Prescription and Limitation Act in Scotland) that can help you out.

You have up to six years after you bought a good to complain
    (In Scotland, it’s five years after you first realised there was a problem)

This comes in handy if you buy goods, but don’t use them for a few months or if something breaks after the six month rule and the fault was likely to have been there all along. Yet the longer it’s been and the less durable the item, the harder it’ll be to fight for a full refund. In such a case, you might have to accept a partial refund or credit note.http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange#goods

legend
    Free Member

Proof of purchase can be the credit card statement, it does not have to be a receipt.

Unless the bill actually says what was purchased, surely it doesn’t proof of anything other than some money changing hands?

crikey
    Free Member

It’s not really going to be fashionable by the time you sort it out…. let it go old man…

CountZero

crikey – Member
    It’s not really going to be fashionable by the time you sort it out…. let it go old man…

That’s harsh… 😆

druidh
    Free Member

Any retailer should be able to go back through their till records with the information on the CC statement and find out what the payment was for. SOGA does NOT require that a receipt be presented.

crikey
    Free Member

…but fair!

geologist
    Free Member

Superdry – clothing for middle class chavs 🙂

andyl
    Free Member

Superdry – clothing for middle class chavs

sam69
    Free Member

i want me cash back ,gona buy a sheepskin 😛

wallop

Superdry official target age group – 15 to 25.

Jamie
    Free Member

STW target audience – 35-55*

*Waist size.

Taff
    Free Member

You’ve got a year on any product and buying it on a credit card gives you two years.

sam69
    Free Member

thanks guys

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘superdry jacket how do i stand’ is closed to new replies.