• This topic has 21 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by hora.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Supercharged Aygo
  • jonjones262
    Free Member

ace!!

Liftman

I think the question has to be why !

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wolfenstein
    Free Member

I share the same sentiment with Liftman 😕

daveh
    Free Member

JBS in Chesterfield put a chipped 1.8T into a Lupo a number of years back, im not sure on the final figures but it would have been well over 200bhp with no engine mods, 300+bhp was quite attainable with IHI turbos etc.

piemonster

Brilliant

molgrips
    Free Member

Reminds me of the turbocharged MkI Prius…

CountZero

Liftman – Member
    I think the question has to be why !

Why not? No different to modding any car, but more interesting and fun to do it with something most people wouldn’t suspect. As someone on Pistonheads said, ‘a real sleeper’. Not a bad looking little car, but with the suspension, exhaust and engine mods, it ought to be a bundle of laffs to drive.
    If I had the money, I’d love to get a Jimny, get the drivetrain and suspension uprated, and shove a VAG 1.4TSi engine in it. Seeing as how those come with up to 180bhp as standard, and there are Stage 2 twin-turbo versions dyno’d at 250bhp, it would be… Lively! 😀
    Also utter madness, but a torquey TSi would be great in a Jimny. I’ve read of 1.9 TDi engines in Jimnies, but that’s a big ol’ lump in a ikkle car!

hora
    Free Member

For me its perfectly/beautifully done. Imagine he’d put skirts on and a turbo badge or tyres that are too **** small.

The stock aygo/c1 is a beaut.

somafunk

A perfect little pocket rocket of a car in my opinion, i’d be more than happy to have it for the tight n’ twisty Galloway roads up here and having driven a standard Aygo i can see why he choose to supercharge it, it handles surprisingly well for such a car with skinny tyres as standard but always felt underpowered to drive so this little beast with wide tyres, uprated brakes and suspension along with a stainless exhaust is a winner.

cp

That’s great, I can imagine its a go kart with huge amounts of go.

chewkw
    Free Member

My mates used to turbocharged Toyota Starlet in the 80s.
    Well, few years later Starlet from Japan actually came with turbo.

I remember all my mates turbo charging Toyota Corolla Levin and all Toyota 4AGE engines then started to add ABS later on.

The favourite of all was to get a 4AGE engine into 80s Toyota Corolla E70 as this model has a very light chassis.

… those were the days.

😀

p/s: now in UK I get screwed by car insurance company … 🙄 I mean I dare not even stiffen the suspension coil unless I want to pay a lot …

retro83
    Free Member

how’s about this then? Citroen C2 with Evo running gear…

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1167010

+

=

chewkw
    Free Member

retro83 – Member

What’s the insurance premium like?

I have to ask as I am curious. 😆

retro83
    Free Member

chewkw – Member

retro83 – Member

What’s the insurance premium like?

I have to ask as I am curious.

Alas, not mine. 🙁

somafunk

chewkw : Insurance premiums aren’t always that bad on modified hatches, I have declared all my mods on my 30yr old golf and pay £375 for protected fully comp with value of £5k, 1.9 Abt 16v engine (194bhp)/bilstein B12 shocks/eibach springs/uprated brakes/fully polybushed+vibratechnics engine mounts/quickrack/eibach roll bars front+rear/4-1 stainless manifold into jetex stainless exhaust/quaife diff onto short ratio gearbox/oz racing alloys etc…etc.

I’ve never had a claim, points nor accident in 20+ years of driving though and i do stay in one of the safest parts of the country, the car is fitted with a tracker so i guess that will reduce the premium somewhat.

chewkw
    Free Member

Somafunk … bloody hell that’s cheap.

D’oh! I have wait for 20+ years to get that premium price … unless I strike the jackpot. 😥

I like the sound of Eibach as that the suspension coil I was planning to upgrade recently until my insurance quote.

🙁

hora
    Free Member

That citigo must have cost a fortune.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/243854-citigo-go-a-citigo-with-more-go/page-9%5D

Theres a STW with a 316I beemer estate with M3 engine/gearbox 😀

maxtorque

It ain’t exactly going to be a monster though is it, with a bit of ~100brake in a ton of car? I’ve got 627brake in 940kg, and i think it could do with a bit more go……. 😉

hora
    Free Member

What car have you got?

pjm84
    Free Member

Had my Blade tuned with Richard at TTS back in 1993…. I’m getting old.

hora
    Free Member

140bhp at the flywheel in a cheeky c800kg car 😀

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Supercharged Aygo’ is closed to new replies.