• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Super Sunday – Olympics….this is just getting silly now….
  • gk74

Ok….got excited building up to Super Saturday, that was good, but just as I’m trying to settle down for a working week….it’s all going GOLD in Brazil, it appears you only have to be British and take part in a sport in Rio tonight and someone will want to give you an Gold Medal…if you are a regular lottery player….keep up the good work 😉

Mackem

Golf man, it’s not really a sport is it? Might as well have darts and snooker.

gk74

Mackam….totally agree…golf is more a walk, looking to hit marbles with a stick….however whilst its adds to Team GB medal count….gotta support it!

spacemonkey

Lovin’ it tonight. Absolutely insane performances from #TeamGB.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Got up to be slightly disappointed in the early hiurs and then missed most of the action today. Annoying. Hope the highlights are good. Looking forward to the evening session.

Caught Max’s pommel – amazing double.

theotherjonv

I was ambivalent but i think they really wanted to be in it and while it’s not a major, they all wanted to win it too.

I still rate being part of a team as the best part of sport and I think Rose, Murray, etc love being part of GB2016 alongside their (by a quirk of the sport they choose) less revered but just as talented and dedicated compatriots. And to add more medals and shovel them another rung up the medal table….. even better than being a member of a team is to be a contributor to the team’s success.

gk74

Still to come is tennis, cycling, sailing…and thats before I start thinking about setting my alarm for 2.25am for BOLT and the 100m

wallop

This evening has been awesome already!

Mat

Anyone else finding the volume very erratic on the bbc coverage?

gk74

Silver and gold….Team GB 2nd in the medals table!!!! you may never read this again!

Drac

Yup been a great day.

CountZero

Silver and gold….Team GB 2nd in the medals table!!!! you may never read this again!

Wait, what now? 😯

gk74

Tennis silver or Gold?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Can the whole world PLEASE not talk about tonight’s athletics until I’ve caught up with it tomorrow evening?

aracer
    Free Member

I recommend avoiding threads with Olympics in the title dan – HTH

Drac

I’d avoid the TV, radio, the internet and going were you’ll see people If you don’t want to hear the results.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Super Sunday – Olympics….this is just getting silly now….’ is closed to new replies.