Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Super Specific Swiss/Austrian Alpine Trail Question
  • DavidM
    Free Member

As per the snappy title. Does anyone know if there are good/ridable singletracks that could be used to link Ischgl to Livigno (I assume the Fimbapass/Stelvio would be involved?) and then Livigno to Davos? Any knowledge is much appreciated as riding between the resorts would be a bit more exciting than the bus.

Schweiz
    Free Member

Yes, there are plenty

Best would be to buy the applicable Singletrail maps No 25 is worth getting for the best route between Ischgl and Scuol via Val Sinestra. From Scuol to Livigno you can follow the signposted National Park Bike Marathon route. If you get map 22 then this covers the area until just south of Davos.

The maps can be bought online or are widely available from bike shops or tourist offices out there. I assume you're planning early for the summer and not heading out there this winter…

DavidM
    Free Member

Ah cool. Will be getting those maps I think. And yeah, it would be a summer trip. Do you know if the trails are good singletrack, or would it be more fireroad? Thanks for your help mate.

Schweiz
    Free Member

Plenty of singletrack marked on those maps (and colour graded as well. I have ridden Ischgl-Scuol-Livigno and plenty od trails around Davos and you will be spoilt for choice.

A word of warning – if it's marked black then it will probably only be rideable in the downhill direction.

If you can understand some Italian then this site has 90+ tours in the region.

This site could also be useful

DavidM
    Free Member

Thanks for all your help mate. Those websites are great. I love it when a plan comes togethor…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Super Specific Swiss/Austrian Alpine Trail Question’ is closed to new replies.