Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Super niche topic: What car cover for a VX220?
  • robertgray05
    Free Member

So my GF doesn’t believe that STW knows EVERYTHING (or can at least hold a poorly informed opinion on everything).

Looking for a car cover for a VX220. It’s for daily use to keep the rain out of its leaky roof/dodgy window seals.

Any ideas what will fit well, do the job, be quick to take on and off and not break the bank? (Yeah I know, not asking for much…)

Cheers 😉

B

ventana_craig
    Free Member

A Tarp and 4 bricks… Cheap

robertgray05
    Free Member

Currently using tarp and 4 bits of washing line to tie it down. Looking to upgrade!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A nice garage.

Del

you’ll get more answers on pistonheads tbh.
    depends how much you care about the paint. personally i’d fix the roof first. they are, after all, designed to keep water out, not leak. check you’re actually fitting it correctly ( not taking the pi55 –
    a lot of folk don’t know how they’re supposed to go on i understand ).
    if you really must have a cover, go for a ‘cap’ job. just cover the screen, side windows, roof and rear. that way you can lob it over when you’ve got it parked up for a few hours only, without having to dick about with the proper roof, and it’ll keep everything clear and dry, even in the snow/frost. used to use one with my chimaera, and from about may through to september i’d have the roof on my car for about 3 days total ( garaged at night ), used every day to commute 30 miles each way, parked outside the office in the day. no exaggeration.
    finally, cfh’s proposal ain’t such a daft one….
    have fun! 😀

spacemonkey

Check out the VX220 forum.

I bought one for my VXT about 6-7 years ago, but can’t remember which one or how much it cost. Was bloody good though.

Also look into common faults (if you haven’t already), because there are some simple fixes for a few of the everyday ‘things’ that affect the car in some way. E.g. water ingress (turbos only), heater knob problems, windows dropping down, best places for tyres (Bracknell Tyres if you’re in that neck of the woods), geo setups, etc.

Oh, and get the car on a track if that’s your bag … and maybe spend a day with Walshy. He had Schumacher’s drive all those years ago and really knows how to throw a car around.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Super niche topic: What car cover for a VX220?’ is closed to new replies.