Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Super moon tonight
  • racefaceec90

just went outside to have a look.

bloody hell the whole sky is glowing with stars 😯

the good thing is the streetlights are off for some reason,so can see the sky really clearly (no clouds at all).

ain’t the universe amazing 😀

zippykona

Worth getting up for. When’s the next one?

Cougar

I know one thing,

It’s bloody hard to photograph without a tripod. With a wide-open aperture the exposure is a second and a half; impossible to hand-hold.

seosamh77
    Free Member

total eclipse wasn’t great up here in, streetlights plus a high very thin layer of mist cloubd killed that a wee bit, going in and especially coming out of total eclipse was brilliant though.

last time i see one it was much much red-er. and that wasn’t a super eclipse.

Think I’ll keep an eye out for the next one and chrystal clear skies and head down to galloway dark sky park! 🙂

jools182
    Free Member

Despite almost every kitchen and outdoor light in the neighbourhood being on (why do people do that?) there are definitely more stars visible than usual. I managed to see part of the eclipse about 40 mins ago, through some trees, I think I missed it looking red

scotroutes

Just back and scoffing some toast after a 4hr session on Craigellachie near Aviemore. High hazy cloud ruined most of the spectacle but I still had a bit of an epiphany while cosied up in my bivvy bag sipping coffee.

I didn’t have the hill to myself either. There was a mob of staff from the local Italian Restaurant up there having a party!

Drac

First time in weeks I’ve slept all night so completely missed it. 😆

Yak

I was up anyway at 3 giving antibiotics, made a bit of a racket doing that, so woke the whole family anyway and we all got a great view. Moon all red and just coming out of eclipse.

nuke

Superb and definitely was worth getting up for. Can we resurrect this thread in 2033? 😀

iain1775
    Free Member

Thick fog here
    Whole sky went red but couldn’t see end of the steet let alone the moon

palmer77
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    I know one thing,
    It’s bloody hard to photograph without a tripod. With a wide-open aperture the exposure is a second and a half; impossible to hand-hold.
    POSTED 3 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Agreed a tripod is really useful, but try spot exposing the moon itself and shooting at around125sec with aperture around f9-11.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Echo what seosam says, seen it much reder and bigger than that because the last luna eclipse I saw was when the moon was nearer the horizon. 2018 has two of the buggers so don’t fret, not too long to wait.

lovewookie

Typical. My wifes snoring normally has me up and about around 2am, but last night it was 4:30 and all was back to normal 🙁

nedrapier

Would have been perfect here. eclipse was straight out of my office window, across the water, between 15 and 6 degrees above the horizon. There’s a pretty good telescope in the office too, and it’s less than 2 miles from where I’m living.

Woke up with the alarm at 4 am. Cloudy. Back to bed!

bigyinn
    Free Member

I sat outside in the back garden from about 02:30 until 03:15 watching it slowly get more and more obscured by the shadow.
    More practice required on getting the focus spot on.
    Taken around 21:00

Taken around 03:00

(apologises, but my manual focus skills were clearly lacking on this one, but it gives you an idea)

fasthaggis

Good effort bigyinn.
    I got up for a look,but it was cloudy with us so only saw a faint orangey,mooney thing in the sky 🙁

bigyinn
    Free Member

Thanks!
    The second one was disappointing, too late / early to be fannying around with cameras!

ononeorange

Amazing. Crashing round the spooky fields behind us at 3.30, remarkable. Annoyed with myself though as I couldn’t remember how to turn off the auto mode on either camera and so they refused to take a shot – too dark!! Fool.

womble72
    Free Member

I don’t have the luxury of a tripod so I used the slow breathing out technique

bigyinn
    Free Member

I Like them!
    What length lens were you using? I was using a Sigma 70-300mm on 300mm setting.

womble72
    Free Member

I was using my Panasonic TZ60

mav12
    Free Member

didnt stay up for the eclipse

Kit
    Free Member

I only got a wee one 🙂
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/yTMPZV]Lunar Eclipse 28th Sept[/url] by Kit Carruthers, on Flickr

And this was about 10 minutes after full eclipse ended, I think
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/yUanJA]Partial Lunar Eclipse 28th September[/url] by Kit Carruthers, on Flickr

bigjim

very nice Kit, and brave going up calton hill at that time of night!

molgrips
    Free Member

Was pretty spectacular tonight too. Looked huge over the treetops, and the hazy sky was all lit up so that through the trees of Tunnel Hill the sky looked on fire too.

Kit
    Free Member

It was actually pretty busy up there. Lots of folk decided to go up to watch it, but I’d also arranged to meet a friend so strength in numbers 🙂

somafunk

Day late to the party (as usual) but i just popped outside to get a moon shot as it’s a clear night.

Lumix TZ 60 at full zoom on a dodgy tripod that kept wandering (not wandering as in war of the worlds but the head kept moving)

A mates 5 hr shot of the eclipse below, slightly better than mine…..humph!

original link to it here on his twitter feed

CheesybeanZ

Excellent pictures

monkeychild
    Free Member

I love the time lapse one. Genuinely amazing IMHO.

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Super moon tonight’ is closed to new replies.