Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Super Lightweigh Waterproof Jacket?
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

is there anything out there? its getting a tad warmer now, so im after something really light that will fold up small, just for rain, dont care about breathability as this will be used to stop getting soaked suddenly in the spring with a downpour!

budget of around £50, any good cheap half price last year models around?

LabWormy
    druidh
    Free Member

The Montane featherlight could, in no way, be called waterproof. It’s slightly water repellent. The Velo H2O version is at least on the right lines.

If you want lightweight, waterproof and breathable (and the last is a must) then some of the Gore Paclite options remain your best bet.

funkynick

I’ve got the Montane featherlite velo H2O jacket and while it’s good for short cloudbursts I’d not want to be out in anything much longer… however it is very light and packs down very small.

I’ve also got a Montane Velocity DT jacket which is more substantial and I’d happily use that for all day rain, however it does cost more although I found mine for about £60.

thejesmonddingo

You can get these http://www.montane.co.uk/products/men/shell/featherlite-velo-h2o-jacket/167 for about £50,if you can google.
    Ian

anc
    Free Member

I’ve got the h20…. whilst is does its job packs really small and keeps the weather out…… Its emergencies only.. as its a proper boil in the bag item!

Coleman
    Free Member

I use an Altura Pocket Rocket – packs really small, waterproof and breathable no frills jacket.

http://www.rutlandcycling.com/26144/Altura-Pocket-Rocket-Waterproof-Jacket—Yellow.html

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

+1 for Altura Pocket Rocket

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers for the pocket rocket links, im really sold on this! the reviews look good too, just what im after!

any idea on size? im a 36-37″ chest, which suggest size small, but reading the reviews people say it rides up at the back? should i size up?

cheers guys great little jacket that!

Coleman
    Free Member

Size wise a difficult call, but if any help I’m 5″ 11″ with 40″ chest and have a medium. It is a fairly close fit tho’ as don’t wear it over any bulky layers and is not over long in the body.
    PS The Rutland link was just for info. Probably better deals in more colours elsewhere.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Cheers coleman, appreciated!

so is it proper waterproof? in the worst of storms etc? the point of this is to use when out in spring when it suddenly rains, or is too warm for the stealth i have…..

just looking to stash it away, then use when rainging or a bit chilly, dont want my underclothes (jersey/baselayer) to get absolutly drenched and then have soggy wet damp clothes for the rest of the ride?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Bin liner? very light, very cheap. come in black, grey or green generally.

Coleman
    Free Member

It’s rated waterproof and breathable and so far mine has been – about 2yrs old. Personally I would rate the breathability as average. I use it as an emergency waterproof and windproof shell, which packs up so small in it’s stuff sack, you can easily carry it in a back pocket.
    I would not recommend using it in the depths of winter for a day in the hills!

flashes
    Free Member

Keep an eye out for the Aldi £12 jobbies, just as good as the Montane. I have both. You get sweaty but I find they work OK

kaesae
    Free Member

😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Super Lightweigh Waterproof Jacket?’ is closed to new replies.