Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Super gravity Hans Dampfs….killing me :(
  • bennyb
    Free Member

Always run normal hans dampfs but thought I’d try these as I’m looking for a more ‘full proof enduro tyre’ , well after my second outing I’m finding they drag so much more than normal!! 🙁 even feeling slow on the downhills! Albeit I’ve only rode trail centre stuff and to be fair most enduros are fresh cut single track, but has anyone else tried these and got rid??

momo

I’m running one on the front, trailstar compound, did have a pacestar rear on too for a while, now swapped out for a 2.4 NN, certainly not as draggy as a super tacky maxxis, manageable on my regular use trail bike.

chakaping
    Free Member

Got them on the rear of two of my MTBs and I love them, not noticing a lot of extra drag against the previous tyres – DHR2 and a DHF if memory serves.

Mostly riding rocky or loamy trails though, rather than trail centres.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’m thinking of trying one on the back of my hardtail. I can’t seem to run the tyre as low pressure as I want without snakebiting all the time.

chakaping
    Free Member

I did a review of it, and since then I got one for my trail bike too…
    http://unduro.co.uk/mtb/review-hans-dampf-supergravity-trailstar-26in/

It’s great having that bit of extra security to smash through rocks and stuff. If you’re reasonably fit I don’t think it’s a draggy tyre – and I was expecting it would be TBH.

SirHC

Could substitute the rear for a 2015nobby Nic for a bit less rolling resistance

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Supergravity trailstar HD is what I went for as a faster rolling substitute for Supergravity Magic Mary. Feels quite a bit easier.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

It’s ok, it will get faster when all the knobs start falling off in a week or so.

beano68
    Free Member

No bother at all with my HD’s find them quite fast rolling with the supergravity trailstar … even quicker the the Rock Razor fitted

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Super gravity Hans Dampfs….killing me :(’ is closed to new replies.