Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Super cheap down jackets at Sports Direct
  • flyingmonkeycorps

I know there’s been some discussion about cheap down stuff on here and people have mixed feelings, but Sports Direct have their Nevica jackets on a one day sale for £21.99 plus delivery, and if you use the code CTS530VQ87IW you get further 10% off. I’m having a punt for that price…

allthepies
    Free Member

If they’re anything like the Karimoor variety then they contain about 2 feathers 😉

flyingmonkeycorps

Long as they’re big feathers 😀

failedengineer

Don’t know about that one, but I bought one of their Karrimor ‘Glacier’ goose down jackets for £50.00 last year. The zip’s a bit flimsy feeling, but apart from that it’s as good as Ms FE’s RAB jacket for 1/3 the price.

jamiep
    Free Member

gonna pop down to see how thick they are

jamiep
    Free Member

jamiep – Member
    gonna pop down to see how thick they are

thin!

snakebite
    Free Member

Ideal for stuffing in the camelsac then!

flyingmonkeycorps

It’s quite thin and light. Not sure on warmth (not that cold in the office!) but I’m away this weekend so I’ll be giving it a try then…

DezB
    Free Member

If it’s too thin, buy a couple more in different sizes and layer up. Still be cheaper than paying out for one of the sucker’s brands! 😀

johndoh
    Free Member

I got a Nevica ski jacket from Sports Direct a while back (was £18 IIRC). It’s okay but I would have been very disappointed if I had paid ‘full price’ for it – some £160 was claimed.

If these jackets are of similar quality I would say they are worth the discounted price, no more.

flyingmonkeycorps

Oh aye, I don’t for a moment think I’m getting an £90 jacket, but I reckon it’s worth the £25 I paid. It’ll be used as a layer anyway, I reckon it’ll be grand.

johndoh
    Free Member

So long as you know – just thought I would add my experience 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Super cheap down jackets at Sports Direct’ is closed to new replies.