Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)
  • Super-cars on public roads.
  • Mike_D
    Free Member

They have no mobility problems

They usually do if they’re under 12 months, unless you don’t count “unable to walk” as a mobility problem 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

355 the best looking Ferrari? It’s like a mk2 MR2!

And Shirley spaces for cars with small kids is about safety?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And Shirley spaces for cars with small kids is about safety?

Safety and the ability to open the doors wide enough to get them out of their car seats – when we use standard spaces it is a sod getting the girls in and out of the car.

cynic-al
    Free Member

They’re really meant for 4x4s I reckon

CountZero

Maybe. All I’m saying that is unless something like that happened, there is no excuse for losing control of the car on a public road.

There’s many reasons for losing control of a car at speed (over 20mph) on a public road. An earlier post said conditions were atrocious so it’s entirely possible he hit a large patch of standing water and aquaplaned briefly, which is highly likely. A mate’s VW Polo was aquaplaning going up a fairly steep hill in pouring rain, where the water was running down dips in the surface caused by traffic wear. As he tried accellerating the front wheels were just spinning in the water, at around 40mph. I had a Capri 1600, my dad’s, go totally sideways on a stretch of dual carriageway when overtaking a mini at 60, just missing the front of the mini and a large roadsign and coming to rest against a hedge forty feet from the road on a wide verge. A couple of cops stopped to see what was going on and helped change the trashed back wheel and they reckon a back tyre had just gone flat. Imagine the same on a soaking wet road.
    Oh, and the OP ought to actually try driving such a car on a track day to get a personal opinion as to why people who can actually afford them drive such cars, rather than just ask the opinionated on here a question. It’s entirely subjective, and if you have no knowledge or interest in the subject, someone else’s isn’t going to help you very much.
    Like my seeing no point in dance music outside of a dance venue. It has no other merit.
    Just my opinion based on over forty years of listening to live and recorded music. Actually saw the very first band I saw live forty years ago this year again in June. I have the experience on which to base my personal opinion, but others will have a different experience which I wouldn’t be able to grok.

rootes1

355 the best looking Ferrari? It’s like a mk2 MR2!

it is the pop up lights for me, 355 was the last Ferrari to have them.. for me supper cars should have pop ups….sad i know

shame they banned popup lights completely really… also a sham that there are those crappy mr2 mk2 to 355 look alike kits…

Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘Super-cars on public roads.’ is closed to new replies.