• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by CHB.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Super 8 film.
  • CHB

Just back from seeing Super 8 with the family.

This isn’t a review as such, but if you grew up on a diet of Goonies, Independance Day, Close Encounters of the third kind and their ilk then go see it.
    The kids acting is brilliant and the special effects and jump out of your skin moments are well done. Its set in 1980 so for me it was a good nostalgia trip. So go on …tootle off!

My kids both rated it 9/10 and I would concur. Mrs HB hasn’t spoken or opened her eyes yet in case the monster is still out there!

Sod it…wrong forum…sorry.

RealMan
    Free Member

I’d put it at about 5/10, just found it boring. Nothing new or interesting about it, nothing explored, and a few bits didn’t really make any sense.

It seemed like Cloverfield, but without the action, the thrill, and the suspense.

Liftman

Yup, thought it was a good film, first film for a long time that’s made me jump out the seat.

kaesae
    Free Member

If I was that alien there would have been a lot of dead humans and annihilated building etc.

Not everyone, just the nasty ones!

CHB

Was it just me that thought the aliens head was a bit like the alien in Independance Day?

whinosp
    Free Member

I read a review that said it was JJ Abrams love letter to Spielbergs work.

It was very Spielbergian, alien was Cloverfield and everything was derivative, but I would still give it 9/10.

PapaWheelie
    Free Member

How old are your kids?
    I was thinking of taking my nine-year-old son, but don’t want to spend the next three weeks checkign in his closet and under his bed for monsters/aliens.

CHB

probably a tad young at 9. My youngest was 10 and she was ok with it but she has grown up on doctor who and alien movies. Nothing realy gory, but plenty of tensiom and jump out of skin moments.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Super 8 film.’ is closed to new replies.