Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Suntour Epicons
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Basically are they crap? Got a Rockshox Tora SL coil on at the moment 100mm and want to put a 120mm forkon my new frame. But too tight to pay Reba RL prices. Or would another coil do. II’m 68kg if that makes any difference.

seadog101

Very pleased with my Suntour Raidons, if that’s anything to go by. 100mm, air, reasonably light, not too wobbly in 9mm QR guise.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

No, not crap. At all.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Seen some Suntour Epicon RLD 120mm for £189. Was gonna buy some rebas as I thought my bike ( Carrera Vulcan was heavy) I must be weighing it on my scales wrong as its saying 2.4 stone after taking my weight off. Even though claimed weight was 14kg in standard SPEC for a 2009 Carrera Vulcan v spec.

I’ve binned the suntour xct and standard wheels and got Rockshox Tora coils and shimano xm317 on slx hubs and deore brakes.

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Got a set on my Sanderson Life, they were meant to be temporary until I found a deal on some Rebas. But Im still using them a year on, to me theyre not quite as plush as rebas but do everthing I want them too so Im in no rush to change them.

br
    Free Member

I’d look first at whatever RS you could get at that price from Merlin/On-One.

example:

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/frame-forks/forks-shocks/rockshox-suspension-forks/rockshox-recon-gold-tk-forks-2012.html

mattbee

Epicon are pretty good actually, a good budget option and not one to be ashamed of.

takisawa2

Just get some second hand dual air Rebas off here, for about £100.
    Even if they need a full service you’ll still end up with a better fork.

ampthill

They have been great on my sons bike. As good if not better than Recons

the only down side is that plastic rebound adjuster that is mainly broken. The new one is metal, I think

chakaping
    Free Member

They still got those bargain Manitous on CRC?

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

I thought Epicons because I’m too tight to get a 15mm axle wheel. But I don’t know if Rockshox do a 120mm qr version of the Reba.

nixon
    Free Member

I’ve got Epicons, and know a couple of other people who have them too, and I can’t say a word against them. Good fork, the feel doesn’t seem any less sophisticated than say Fox Floats, and they’re reasonable light for a fork which does up to 140mm travel. Good customer service from their repairs and service department as well.

clubber
    Free Member
    bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

I’ll go for them then. Seen the Suntour Epicon RLD 120mm QR for £189 on pine cycles.

occamsrazor
    Free Member

Just FYI, the issue with the axles locking in the middle of convertible hubs (as mentioned at the end of clubber’s review from a couple years ago) is no longer an issue as all the new forks come with the 2nd-version QLOC2 axle (identifiable by a gold band at the end). This allows you to lock the springy red aluminium bit before you pull out the axle so it doesn’t get stuck midway. It’s a really nice axle system in my opinion. The v2 axles are also backwards-compatible and can be ordered separately if you wish. There’s also a more expensive Ti version.

veedubdave

I have some on one of my bikes. Do all the things I need! Loads of them on ebay at bargain prices (direct from Taiwan) – http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR7.TRC1.A0.H0.Xepicon&_nkw=epicon&_sacat=0&_from=R40 I expect that you will probably have to pay import duty at about £20.00

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Suntour Epicons’ is closed to new replies.