Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sunrace MX8 11-46 durability
  • Shred
    Free Member

I have been running this cassette for a while now with no problems. I’ve also been keeping an eye on my chain wear using a park tools CC3 indicator. While I know it is not the best way, I have had success previously with changing my chain when it got to 0.75.

This time, no luck, I’m getting slippage in the smallest 3 rings, and the 46 under load. So I guess it is new cassette time when I was hoping to get through winter.
    Has anyone else had issues with this, or is it just me leaving things too late?

nickjb
    Free Member

Slippage with the original chain or have you put a new one on at .75? If its a new one I’d see if you can squeeze more life out of the old one, not much to lose. If it is the original one at less than .75 then I’d say that’s odd

greyspoke
    Free Member

I have had slippage going to new from 0.75 in other setups, but often it is OK.

What you could do, if you could be arsed, is run your new chain on a new cassette for a while then see if it has worn enough to work with the old one and swap back to that and…

Shred
    Free Member

Sorry, slippage with a new chain, and unfortunately the old chain is gone else I would have just stuck that one back on.

greyspoke
    Free Member

Ah no, I meant the old cassette. Wear the new chain in a bit, then revert to the the old cassette, put the new cassette away until you need it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sunrace MX8 11-46 durability’ is closed to new replies.