Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sunrace mx8 11-46 cassette review
  • richwak
    Free Member

Recently bought the above cassette to replace a won out sram 10-42 cassette. Decided that in the long run i’d be better off replacing my freehub with a shimano one and losing the ten tooth cog. I was running a 32 tooth chainring but have put a 34 tooth on with this cassette. I have about the same top gear and a slightly lower bottom gear which is nice at the end of a long ride in the lakes. Rode with a 32 tooth up front also which was also fine and gave me a real granny gear.
    Fitting was easy and the cassette is great quality. Shifting is about the same as sram x01 and better than m8000 cassette. Setup only required winding in the b screw and everything worked great.
    I would highly reccommend this if your in the market for a new cassette and fancy a lower bottom gear.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Interesting to hear. Im waiting for an 11 speed shimano 11-46 for the wifes bike as she doesnt like the shifting on my XXTR setup which I assume is down to the SRAM cassette.

What was up with your shimano cassette?

richwak
    Free Member

Using it on the turbo trainer as i didn’t like the shifting when moving up the cassette also fancied having 46 tooth so i could run a bigger chainring up front.

singlespeedstu

Just fitted on before the weekend.
    Works just as well as the XT it replaced but with a lower bottom gear.
    I did also fit a Goatlink 11 to the mech to help clear the 46 though.
    Onza.
    The XT 11-46 has a large jump up to the 46.
    It’s basically an 11-42 with the 42 swapped for a 46.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Shimano 11-13-15-17-19-21-24-28-32-37-46

Sunrace 11-13-15-18-21-24-28-32-36-40-46

I see what you mean.

Mbnut
    Free Member

Where did you get the cassttes? Can’t seem to find any.

Cheers

Rorschach
    Free Member

Slam 69 has them all.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

You can order them from Halfords via ison distribution and use British cycling discount.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Anyone had any trouble with these? Wife has had one for a couple of weeks now and the largest (alu) sprocket bent in towards the next one rendering her 11 speed cassette a 9 speed. No marks or signs of a rock strike or any other external influence.

Perhaps the combination of chainline and raw power was too much for it.

Furious

Anyone had any trouble with these? Wife has had one for a couple of weeks now and the largest (alu) sprocket bent in towards the next one rendering her 11 speed cassette a 9 speed. No marks or signs of a rock strike or any other external influence.

Perhaps the combination of chainline and raw power was too much for it.

I had something similar with the 10 Speed 11-42. I contacted supplying retailer and Ison replaced under warranty

Onzadog
    Free Member

That’s good to know, I’ll give them a shout on Monday.

honourablegeorge

Onzadog – Member

Interesting to hear. Im waiting for an 11 speed shimano 11-46 for the wifes bike as she doesnt like the shifting on my XXTR setup which I assume is down to the SRAM cassette.

Dunno about that. I reckon shifting on the GX cassette with mt XT/XTR setup is about as good as it gets. Seriously doubt Sunrace will be better.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sunrace mx8 11-46 cassette review’ is closed to new replies.