Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sunrace MX3 11 – 40 cassette.
  • starrman82
    Free Member

Anyone using at Sunrace MX 3 11-40 cassette & if so how does it compare to XT performance?
    http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/sunrace-mx3-cassette-11-40t-10734-p.asp

Ta

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Seems good so far, a few months in changes are fast and crisp, although ridden less than usual TBH and a few months is hardly a long time. I’d expect a trouble free year at least out of a new correctly set up and maintained drivetrain.

Bare in mind correct set up is paramount to getting decent performance out of extended range cassettes with Shimano kit. Just because you have an existing 11-36 XT set up for example doesn’t mean your kit will transfer over problem free!

1) If 1x the front ring nearly always needs spacing inward using washers or swapping the BB spacer to the opposite side
    2) Short cage mechs don’t work as well
    3) Chain and B tension has to be set right
    4) Shimano cage mods (Rad Cage) improve chain wrap/shifting.

40mpg

I had a bit of a whinge but was quickly put back in my place here. Works well with SRAM X7 mech.

starrman82
    Free Member

Thanks guys & thanks for the set up tips, I think they’re worth a try compared to the price of a new XT & a decent quality extender. 🙂

thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

Fitted mine a week ago, but not ridden in anger yet and only changed up and down on the stand. Easy to change.
    Chestercopperpot – I thought the chainline was out, looking like the chaining had to move inwards. How many spacers? Or what washers? Are there specific chain ring washers?

Edit. Just found chaining washers. Easy peasy now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sunrace MX3 11 – 40 cassette.’ is closed to new replies.