Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sunrace 11-50 cassette experiences
  • crashrash

Wondering about swapping my cassette over and thinking about one of these rather than standard XT – currently have 11-42 and a 30T chainring running with a medium cage on rear mech. Any idea if the medium cage will cover the range? And for those using one what is the wear and tear looking like?
    Would look at GX but then its a new freehub/shifter ……….

wukfit
    Free Member

Shimano now make an 11-46t cassette (they didn’t when m8000 was first launched), and they say you need the long cage for that. So going off that the sunrace one probably won’t work on your current mech

Potdog
    Free Member

I’m running an M8000 11-46 with a medium cage mech, so it’s not inconceivable that you could get it to work with a 50.

blitz

I’ve been using the Sunrace 11-50 for a couple of months. Using with long cage XT mech as I needed a new mech anyway for the conversion and this is what sunrace recommend. There’s a mech compatibility table which only lists the SGS long cage model but in practice a medium cage might work?:

I’ve been really happy with it, all running fine but too early to say about longevity.

kayak23

I have an 11-46 Sunrace on a medium slx mech.
    Works brilliantly. I’d like to know if it’d work on a 50 too.

pondy
    Free Member

I’m thinking about the same conversion, will the sunrace 11-50 work with s standard xt long cage m8000 mech without changing cage or b screw etc?

blitz

@Pondy

Mine worked without changing anything but can differ depending on frame and mech hanger. I would expect it to be ok.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sunrace 11-50 cassette experiences’ is closed to new replies.