Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sunrace 11-50 cassette
  • blitz

Just wondering if anyone is using one of these yet? Any feedback? Thinking of going 1 x 11 with this and a long cage xt derailleur.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m not using one of those but I am using a Hope 10-48 with an XT SGS mech. Shifting could be better and I believe Hope recommend Sram over shimano for use with their cassette.

I’ve ordered a shark cage though. That might sort the shimano mech out.

The wife uses their 11-46 cassette and that shifts lovely with a shimano mech.

pampmyride
    Free Member

Fitted one to my Sonder (11 sp std) just for the 50T hill climb gear. Works faultlessly, just needs a slightly longer shove of lever to climb into the 50T sprox sometimes.

rOcKeTdOg

11-46 on a fatbike, only ever used the 46t in Scotland. Would be very spinny on a normal bike i imagine. Keeping the front wheel on the ground with a 50t would be a chore

Onzadog
    Free Member

Surely that’s down to chain ring size as much as anything else.

blitz

Cheers for the feedback.

Currently 2 x 10 (22-36) which was stock on my bike. I’ve stuck the figures into a gear calculator and the 11-50 with a 32t ring gives pretty much the same low gear (0.66 vs 0.63) with a loss of approx 2/3 of a gear off the top end (3.02 vs 2.87/3.40). Seems negligible and can’t see the extra expense of even eagle GX being worth it if it works well. No need for XD driver. Cheaper components to replace.

twonks

I have 11-50 with 32t front.

Works well and only needed a medium cage xt mech.

B tension screw nowhere near max.

All on a 26″ wheeled bike, but I’m an old fattie that appreciates lower gears uphill.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sunrace 11-50 cassette’ is closed to new replies.