Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sunn Wisdom. Convince me this is not a good buy.
  • toys19
    Free Member

Ok My mate is wanting to come out and play, I’ve been looking for a good AM ish bike for him – he is fit as a flea and can climb for england, and is pretty rapid on the downy bits. Have been lookign at Giant trance x2/x3 for 1500 – 1800 or spesh pitch pro (although now rare in medium as they are obselete) Is this below a bargain? It isnt quite 140mm as its 120 but I’m thinking for the money he could have a bloody good time on it..

Sunn Wisdom

trailflow
    Free Member

its quite heavy at 14,6 kg 😮

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Never ridden one, but looks a bit…………………halfords?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Forks, brakes and shock are compromised IMO.

If it’s stiff enough he’ll enjoy it but durability might be ab issue.

z1ppy

Does seem very heavy and I’d not be surprised if the shock was pap.. and you’d end up spending more to replace it with something that actually works.
    The S1 £260 more and you get reasonable forks (Not a huge issue on the S2), and supposedly better RS shock (not that many NP Mega’s owners agree) and nearly 2.5 Kg’s less in weight.

I’ve always quite like the Kern models though, and if the Kern LT frame isn’t changed in anyway from the std Kern, you can potentially stick 160mm forks on it.

chakaping
    Free Member

Got this in an email today, if a Pitch Comp in med would do…

http://www.scotbycycles.co.uk/bikes-c19/full-suspension-c41/specialized-pitch-fsr-comp-mountain-bike-2011-p405

If he has the extra money to spend then let him spend it, if he gest the bug he’ll only want to upgrade quickly anyway and end up spending more.

toys19
    Free Member

chapaking thanks that bike will appeal.
    good advice you lot, cheers.

dingabell
    Free Member

Pitches are great bikes. Lots of fun on the downs, and if he’s fit as a fiddle, I’m sure he won’t struggle too much on the ups either.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sunn Wisdom. Convince me this is not a good buy.’ is closed to new replies.