Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sunn EQ 27 vs ZTR Arch
  • rockitman

Other than the No Tubes ones making a bigger dent in my wallet is there any noticeable difference between them.

Thanks 🙂

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I was about to start a thread about the EQ31 rims, so I'll just hijack yours instead…. 8)

rockitman

No worries. All thoughts ideas etc welcome 🙂

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I'm pretty set on them myself, partially down to me needing a particular ERD range to reuse my spokes, and they're a decent weight, pretty wide and look dead sexy in winter camo.

I've also been looking at the Flows, obvious downside is the price which could get worse if you need rimstrips as well. I think I'd rather stick with ghetto tubeless. Also poxy presta valves and the finish on them looks terrible.

My final contender is the EN719, the only downside is the width.

geetee1972
    Free Member

This confused me initiall – you mean Sun right, as opposed to Sunn.

Anyway makes no difference and I'm not being a pedant, just that I was going to start by saying Sunn aren't really known for making rims, which would have been a little confusing.

The Flow and EQ27 are the same weight, while the EQ27 and Arch have the same internal width so it might be more relevant to compare the EQ27 with the Flow rather than the Arch.

You definitely need the rim strips for the Flow if you're going to ride hard/aggressively and if you're heavier. No idea how heavy you need to be before it becomes neccessary, but I'm over 100kg and certainly need the strips to stop burping.

The Flow is very strong for its weight – I had a set for over 2 years and
    ran them constantly without any dings or punctures (using no tubes). I wish I had never got rid of them and literally just today I have ordered a new set as I'm tired of blowing the tyres of my Rovals.

The Hope Hoops are amazing value for money if you want to buy a whole wheel with a Flow or Arch rim.

rockitman

Thanks geetee. Sorry, yes I did mean Sun.

I'm a big guy, which is why I was looking at the Arch over the Flow.

Would love to take advantage of the Hope Hoops, however it's for a 29er build which I don't think they do 🙁

geetee1972
    Free Member

The Flow is the stronger rim out of the flow and the arch. Guess you meant the flow then rather than the arch?
    I'm also big and while the rovals I've been using are still true and have held up brilliantly they are just too flexy for me. Landing jumps is a very disconcerting experience!

woody2000

I've dinged a 27, and I'm hardly "extreme" or heavy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sunn EQ 27 vs ZTR Arch’ is closed to new replies.