Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sunn charger S1. Any owners/reviewers on here?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

I’m still looking and still haven’t purchased a new bike. I like the look and fact their half price at crc but can find no reviews at all really. In fact I don’t know much about sunn whatsoever. Any thoughts?

iamroughrider
    Free Member

no experience apart from owning an old sunn, but from what I gather the brand is still decent and sorted.

If it’s good enough for Anne Caro Chausson..You’d also get a decent spec I guess. Have you seen that freeride HT also for sale with dropper … lush.

charger Anne Caro Chausson

cloudnine
    Free Member

Are they in the extra 10% off too?

iamroughrider
    Free Member

sunn

I wouldn’t let the discounting put you off. It’s just they do not have such a presence in the UK, and are much more popular/recognised in europe..again from what I gather.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

do a forum search here.. think there’s another thread

wrightyson
    Free Member

This one.
    What you guys reckon?

jools182
    Free Member

My french mate has always ridden sunn bikes

He did have a lapierre for a while but he snapped it, so he’s back to sunn now

cloudnine
    Free Member

Do the 2 cheaper models have the same shocks?
    Any weights fir the bikes?

deviant
    Free Member

Buy it….good bike, they’re just not in vogue at the moment….you’d pay double that for the same spec by Spesh at the moment.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Sunn as a brand are toast. So warranty & spares support is likely to be minimal (although technically warranty would be with Chain Reaction and it would be up to them to resolve any problems…).

I had a couple of their recent enduro bikes as rental bikes for our business and they were great. Rode them a fair bit myself and liked them a lot. They had a good following in France too. But the brand has gone tits-up (for the umpteenth time in their history).

warpcow
    Free Member

stevomcd – Member
    Sunn as a brand are toast. So warranty & spares support is likely to be minimal (although technically warranty would be with Chain Reaction and it would be up to them to resolve any problems…).

I had a couple of their recent enduro bikes as rental bikes for our business and they were great. Rode them a fair bit myself and liked them a lot. They had a good following in France too. But the brand has gone tits-up (for the umpteenth time in their history).

^This. The page on CRC specifically states that you get a CRC warranty. A guy I know has one of their 26″ HTs and the fork needed work. CRC said they didn’t have one so gave him a 27.5″ instead as a replacement. Not that different, but they messed around sending out tapered steerer by mistake at first after umm’ing and ahh’ing about what constituted a similar fork from their stock.

lau04258
    Free Member

Did you go for this bike? I am tempted as it looks pretty sweet and the components look pretty good. I contacted CRC and they said the medium Charger S1 weighs in at 14.78kg. Currently you can get an extra 10% off(until tomorrow night) as well bringing the price down to £1485. I am looking for a bike that will see me do a lot of trails but also big mountain adventures and I am undecided if this the bike for me. Do you think this would be too much travel/weight for doing a lot of big mountain adventures? For example I am going to do the Tour of Mont Blanc this year?

chrisdw
    Free Member

Not sure if you saw the other CRC thread. But you can get 10% off on top of the EGG discount. CRCSTENA is the code.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sunn charger S1. Any owners/reviewers on here?’ is closed to new replies.