Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Sunline Recall
  • br
    Free Member

That was a lucky escape, I almost won a pair of these on ebay this week!

SAFETY RECALL – Sunline V1 Carbon Handlebars (31.8mm version)

doof_doof
    Free Member

Bit scary as mine went to the Alps twice.

Now I just have to remember which online retailer I purchased them from to get my refund!

DezB
    Free Member

Same here – been to the Alps, loads of riding. Had them ages – I think I got em from Winstanleys. How am I gonna ride me bike wiv no bars then?
    And they's so perty, what to replace them wiv?

Feb 2008 PP took this photo

Gee76
    Free Member

I had some of these 6 months ago, they weighed 129 grams!!!. Thought something was wrong when nearly a third of the bars material (by weight) was missing but stupidly soldiered on with them.

Needless to say they lasted 2 rides. It was fantastic thinking of what mighta happened if they catastrophically failed. Anyway caught the problem and returned the bars for a refund.

Got very little sympathy or concern from the well known shop. They even offered a replacement but I pointed out I’d lost confidence in the Sunline manufacturing process and turned them down.

Very nice looking and comfy bars albeit poorly finished (got barbs in me fingers from end of bars too!). Shame really but more of a shame its taken 6 months to do anything. Shocking.

Still running carbon bars tho, FSA and Truvativ going strong after 3 & 2 years and have some nice Eastons to go on bike next. 🙂

FuzzyWuzzy

I ordered some ages ago but one look at the finish at the end of the bars and I returned them, glad I did now. I figure if a company can't be arsed to finish them with a tidy cut line (instead of what looked like a straight-out-of-the-mould ragged edge) then I'm not going to trust the quality of the rest of the bars.

DezB
    Free Member

Strange. Finish on mine is perfect.
    Maybe I'll keep them….

Nah, the logo has a little scratch on it.

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Gutted, I love mine!

trusz
    Free Member

I have some and I haven't fitted them yet. Posting back on monday. What Are you guys going to replace them with?

I'm thinking of the Element Technic Radium…
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=29733

What do you think?
    Shame as I got the Sunlines for £60 on special offer 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

Those are 15mm narrower.
    Hard to find 685 width, lots of 680mms and 710mms

I'm looking at Holzfellers, Deus, Atlas, Noir's and Stylos. not really bothered about going carbon again.
    Need to get the damn refund first though!

doof_doof
    Free Member

I went flat 🙂

I think most people hate the wide/flat thing, but I'm really liking the lower feeling front end.

trusz
    Free Member

That's 7.5mm from each side, hardly going to be noticeable? I'm also considering the new Deus 680mm. I run Syncros Carbon Gain at the moment which is only 640mm anyway! I'll stick with risers for going downwards I think!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I went with low wide Sunline V1's (ali)

grantway
    Free Member

doof-doof Thinking of going flat but unsure whats the advantage
    of going flat?
    Never liked Carbon bars not what I ride on

doof_doof
    Free Member

With forks getting longer, front ends are getting higher, so a flat bar is a way to bring the bar back closer to the axel on longer travel bikes. My frame has a long head tube too and I always felt the bars were a little high. I've got the 19mm rise alloy V1's on another bike and the flat bar feels just the same, just lower (and a fraction wider).

Give it 12 months and everyone will be back on flats. Maybe.

knott4me
    Free Member

thanks to stw i swapped mine at leisure lakes this morning & exchanged them plus £20.00 for the easton monkeylite sl low rise.

gutted as the v1,s were stunning .

i already crashed them twice but this had only knocked the laquer but have to say i had no reciept so hats off to liesure lakes for taking my word for it .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Sunline Recall’ is closed to new replies.