Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Sunglasses
  • paul9961
    Free Member

Looking at a new pair of Oakley’s, but not sure on alternatives, as had my current pair of Scars for 7 years and been quite happy but scratched the lenses pretty badly now and the frame finish is flaking off. (thinking this wouldn’t get me anything from them on warranty?)
    Happy to spend too much (in the region of £150)
    After something good on the bike, and not too plonkerish at work and in the car.
    So what have you got? What do you like and what don’t you like about them? Ask these questions as its a sea of marketing.
    Open to different brands, just know very little of them.

surfer
    Free Member

Maui Jims.

paul9961
    Free Member

Never heard of those, but just googled, they look a possible contender, exactly the reason I posted 🙂

transapp
    Free Member

Try Oakley warranty anyway, you might get a nice surprise

paul9961
    Free Member

Oh giving me some hope there… Heard it wasn’t as good as it used to be?

sadexpunk

ive just started looking for some too, got hols coming up and need to get some sorted. picked up a pair of ‘wrap around’ stylee shades in Next and was met with howls of derision.

anyone got any advice on whats ‘in’ at the moment? these wont be for bike, just hols.

thanks

cynic-al
    Free Member

That is the most non-punk question ever asked.

sadexpunk

im an ‘ex-punk’ now. and i want some sunglasses. so nur 😀

chaos

I’ve been very happy with a pair of Dirty Dogs for just about everything.

Their ‘Fudge’ ones aren’ actually from the sports range but the level of shading is just right for going from bright sun to the shadows in a forest without having to take them off and the polarisation cuts out the glare very effectively in low morning/evening light or when I’m down at the beach. I don’t think I’d bother with non-polarised glasses again.

Dirty Dog Fudge

paul9961
    Free Member

No headaches from polarised lenses? Knew someone who moaned about that with his polarised Oakley’s…

ross88guy
    Free Member

Ryder sunglasses are pretty good and should last you a long time…having said that I lost my first pair the first time i took them on tour – they fell straight off my face and through a storm drain when i was cycling abotu 30 mph. What are the chances! Cycling Blog

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Recently bought some Oakley Frogskins in white, love them so much.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I think there’s limits to how effective polarisation of lenses is. It doesn’t always remove glare it’s all about angles, type of light and reflections etc. They won’t guarantee you not to get headaches. They might “help” in some circumstances.

birly-shirly
    Free Member

Cebes here. Stupid cheap from TK Maxx. First sunglasses I’ve owned where I feel confident running or cycling over rough ground and not feeling like my vision is slightly unreliable.

tron
    Free Member

For general knocking about, you want aviators or wayfarers if you’re a bloke. Cheap sports glasses on the bike, because you’ll look daft whatever you’re wearing.

globalti
    Free Member

TK Max. Cheap as chips and you might just get lucky.

I found a really nice pair in a wraparound style for £2.99. Popped out the lenses and got them glazed to my prescription with clear plastic, result: one pair of winter/evening/night prescription cycling glasses for £52.99.

teethgrinder

DX Joakley’s.

prettygreenparrot

Give oakley a call. They’re very helpful. You’ll likely be offered a discount on some new ones. Gives you another choice.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Sunglasses’ is closed to new replies.