Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Sunday ride – what time do you go?
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

Just curious? When I was young with no ties we'd set off about 10am for a full days riding putting in over 40 miles. Now married with a mini me, that is just not possible, so we normally go out at 8am meaning I can be back before lunch (if riding from the door, not using the car) and usually cover 25-30 miles. To be honest the early riding is great, there's hardly anyone about and I have the rest of the day to spend with the wife and junior.

How do you all fit in riding?

Clink

Ride at 7 – have to be back by 11 to cook dinner

gusamc
    Free Member

I like morning rides – say 9am start back at 12 (ie pub option).

I prefer to get two 1/2 days out of a day if you see what I mean.

sslowpace
    Free Member

Overslept this morning (Wife said i looked tired, whilst asleep!), so didn't get out till 11am and just back at 12.45.
    Normally 8am till 11 sundays as I work late saturdays.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

I usually aim to be out between 9 and 10. Had a lie in today though and headed off at 10:30. I tend only to ride when my g/f is at work (2 out of 3 weekends) though so in theory I have the whole day to ride.

4ndyB
    Free Member

Prefer afternoon rides as I like my lie in on a Sunday

Midday start is perfect for local rides, 1pm if I have to travel. Ride all afternoon, get home clean bike, shower, eat, relax in front of TV/internet for the evening.

GJP
    Free Member

Usually out between 8 and 9am. As gusmac says prefer to get two half days in than a full dayer

Clink

Midday start is perfect for local rides, 1pm if I have to travel. Ride all afternoon, get home clean bike, shower, eat, relax in front of TV/internet for the evening.

Do you have kids?!

swampi
    Free Member

i usually meet my friend for 7.30-8. then we are able to get a good 3 hours ridng in and home by late morning, rest of the day free that way

yetiguy
    Free Member

always start riding at first light, so yesterday for instance left home at 5:30, riding at 8 in the 7 stanes!
    Love being first on the trail, hardly ever see anyone else

atlaz
    Free Member

Today started at 8am. Usually aim to get riding by 8:30 at the latest

valleydaddy
    Free Member

8am today which was great, climbed up to Skyline then back across on the single track/forestry roads to end with the fast decent into Aberdare country park – all in all about 18 miles – back for 11.30am.

really frost and foggy this morning and still pockets of snow on top.

samuri
    Free Member

At the moment I'm not making any great effort to be up and out early (got up at 7:30 today and was out by 8:00) since Sunday seems to be the only day when I'm not out of bed by 5:30 but as it gets to summer I'll start going out for sunday rides earlier and earlier. I tend to be getting up about 4:00 – 4:30 in mid summer.

BigJohn

Meet at 9:30, get home to do a bit of browsing and bike fettling before I start making the dinner at 5:30, ready to be serving it up as we are sipping a dry Manzilla and listening to the Archers.

jonb
    Free Member

Depends. Road club meet at 9am. Mtb club meet at 8-10 depending on where we're off to. If I'm out on my own it depends how I feel but generally about 10am in winter (to allow it to warm up a bit) and 8 or 9am in Summer so it hasn't warmed up.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

In winter were usualy out riding at first light.Summertime i like to be riding by 6-7 am.Nice and quiet in the lakes at that time in the morning,hardly any cragrats (walkers) to whinge and moan at you 😀

njee20
    Free Member

I prefer the notion of starting later, but actually would rather be out early then the whole day's not wasted.

Met the group today at 9:30 about 45 minute ride away, was back just after 1, that was about right.

crazy-legs

Depends where I am, whether it's MTB or road, who I'm riding with, what the weather is doing etc. No firm plans at all. This morning I decided (at 9.45am) to join the local road club ride leaving from the LBS in 15 mins!
    Hadn't planned it at all, ended up doing 100km on my SS road bike but I'd gone out thinking I'd probably just do an hour or so then turn off.

When I lived in the Lakes and worked shifts, I'd sometimes be out on the MTB at 5am on summer weekdays. Had the place to myself! 🙂

RustySpanner

If a shortish local ride, like today, then it's a bit of a lie in, and get ready during 'The Archers'/'Desert Island Discs' and off about 12.30, after 'Just A Minute' or 'Clue'.

For longer rides in the summer, usually go on a Saturday, as it seems to be a lot quieter. Not as much good stuff on the radio either, although I'm fond of 'Fighting Talk' on 5 Live. 🙂

tron
    Free Member

Always aim to pick my mate up at 9. Always find something wrong with his bike that holds us up…

acorlett

I agree with lots of the above – with the exception of epic days out, I prefer to have two halves to the day. Like to get where I'm going by sunrise or shortly after.

HansRey

tend to ride all day (9 til dark) on sunday, and atleast one full afternoon (til dark) during the week. If i had lights, i'd be out longer!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

normally 9am, but 9.30 today

Candodavid
    Free Member

up @ 5.30 today, on the bike @ 6.30, home for 12.30.

This is pretty much normal now, have Kielder 100 to train for…..

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Sunday ride – what time do you go?’ is closed to new replies.