Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Sunday ride little victories
  • tenfoot

This week, it was getting my 10 yo daughter out on her bike after 6 months of no riding. She enjoyed it, and I loved being out with her.

Last week it would have been clearing my first gap jump, at 47 yo! 😳

mogrim

Didn’t get out on the bike, but had a great run in the mountains near where I live: https://www.strava.com/activities/272350886

Little victories: most of it was new to me, it didn’t rain (although it did start snowing at one point), and good company.

TiRed

Nobody crashed and everybody sprinted well during my coaching session. And after my session I cleared Turn 1 at Cyclopark consistently ten times without touching the brakes. Anyone who’s ridden that bend will know what this means.

core

Found a new piece of bridleway/green lane to join up a route a route I’m going to be riding a lot this summer.

lemonysam
    Free Member

My OH managed her two biggest road hills to date and actually got to the top of them smiling – nothing massive but it opens up a load of new routes to do with her.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Followed a you tube video to adjust my rear hope brake so it lined up correctly and didn’t rub – didn’t realise that its easier to get the initial alignment by taking the brake pads out and lining the caliper up centered over the rotor.
    Then rode Bickerstaffe trails which were nice and dry for the first time this year.

Loving that bamboo bridge up there, bet thats lethal in the wet?

mtbel
    Free Member

Coz “nae spleene”‘s new. nr 3G.

Northwind

Ah, is that the grassy start on the left just when you hit the woods at the start of 3G? Saw that but didn’t go down it, thought it’s either new or I am unobservant?

mtbel
    Free Member

it was v. busy Sunday

Take it easy through the wee rock garden and off the drop to make the turn 😉

lunge

2 rides on my summer road bike, it felt so much faster than my lump of a winter bike. Also found a couple of new road close to home, well, I say roads, more tracks.

And I got 2 PB’s up a climb that I hate, PB Saturday then did the same hill Sunday and chased a guy in front of me, PB again. Chuffed.

nedrapier

I got the station bike up and running, even gave it a lick of paint.

Took it for a spin round the block, I wound up for a rolling endo to test the brakes and promptly sent myself over the bars!

V-brakes in the dry were never short of power, were they? 😀

muddy9mtb

Cleared the bamboo bridge of death in Hoi an Vietnam

that bridge didn’t have a slope on it by any chance 😉 or was that burma

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Sunday ride little victories’ is closed to new replies.