Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)
  • Sunday ride little victories
  • CaptJon
    Free Member

We did this a few weeks back and people enjoyed it. So, once again, what were your little victories out on the bike today?

onandon
    Free Member

First time out on my new roadbike. Riding position is perfect and no need for tweaking.

belugabob
    Free Member

Managing to clean the rooty climb on the Old Coach road, approaching Alfriston.
    (It was dry though 😉 )

Bregante

Fresh Tarmac on my favorite local road descent

simmy
    Free Member

Riding in jeans and not getting the bottom of them in the chainrings.

CaptJon
    Free Member

on and on – Member
    First time out on my new roadbike. Riding position is perfect and no need for tweaking.

How did you manage that!?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Shorts and t-shirt for 4 hours. And its supposed to freeze tonight. 😯

LadyGresley
    Free Member

New saddle – and it seems a step in the right direction, although another on order.

soundninjauk

First proper off the bike in Labyrinth at Swinley, caused by a combination of incorrect brake setup and hubris.

Even so, first sunny dusty ride of the year, and I went for a jump for the first time. It was so successful that I went for more! I suspect it wasn’t particularly impressive to watch, but there was definite time in the air and I felt in control the whole way through 🙂

MrOvershoot

eddiebaby – Member

Shorts and t-shirt for 4 hours. And its supposed to freeze tonight.
    Only 2 hours for me but it felt great to be out without multiple layers.

jmatlock
    Free Member

I did a hard 30 miles off road today. But having been fiddling and testing the bike set up over the winter I reckon I may have nailed it.

I also have finally hit the hang of a proper bunny hop! Flat pedals too!

rOcKeTdOg

I didn’t die on the first ride not on 4″ fat tyres since last October, felt really weird, no grip at all, stupid things mtb tyres

ichi
    Free Member

First time out on the new MTB and first time on any bike in 5 months. Not lost as much fitness as I feared but leg endurance needs built up a wee bit again. First 10 mins or so was a bit hesitant but settled into it again quicker than I hoped and it was soon like I hadn’t been away (except for fitness levels!).

onandon
    Free Member

^ totally agree. Took my cannondale scalpel out on Friday after only riding my fatbike during the winter. It went like a missile but no grip 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

A gazillion PR’s

jimw
    Free Member

Managed a drop off into gully that I have always felt to be only marginally in control in the past. Today I actually felt I rode it rather than survived it if you get my drift. Worked out that my entry speed was higher because I was feeling confident on the bike and this made all the difference.

I did have a pratfall SPD moment about 10 minutes later just to provide balance and the required entertainment for my fellow riders

maxtorque

I totally shredded the local tow path:

And then found that most rare of rare beasts, a properly built jump in my local woods!

(normally, all “kids built” jumps will have at least 3 of the following traits:

1) A sharp uphill corner, immediately prior too, or after, the jump
    2) A ridiculously short transition and steep ramp
    3) Either no lip at all, or one so steep it sends you into space
    4) Built out of the looses, softest, least strong earth availible
    5) If it has a “gap” it will be at least 30 feet long, and filled with rusty wash machines or hungry underfed Crocodiles, and often both)
    6) The landing ramp will generally not be in line with the take off, or will require to you narrowly avoid a large tree/fence/pissed off walker (delete as appropriate)

Astonishingly, the jump i found was perfect for none awesome people like me to learn on:

😉

(karma, got it’s own back on the ride back home, when i went to bunny hop up an 18″ wall, miss timed it completely, and had a “stem – groin” interface. Ouch, thank god i don’t want kids eh…. 😉

jam-bo

Meh. Some of us haven’t managed to get out yet..

maxtorque

jimw
    Managed a drop off into gully that I have always felt to be only marginally in control in the past.

Obviously the recent “how to ride drops” thread on here has worked it’s subliminal magic and turned you into a terrific dropper! 😉

jimw
    Free Member

Obviously the recent “how to ride drops” thread on here has worked it’s subliminal magic and turned you into a terrific dropper!

Must have been really powerful subliminal juju as I hadn’t seen it!

I think “terrific dropper” is being pretty generous. What I need to do is go back and do it a few times more to prove it wasn’t a fluke. I could sell tickets.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Three crap nights with our 1 year old had left me with zero motivation and nearly falling asleep on the bike this morning. Abandoned the training ride a few miles in and headed for home. I was utterly defeated so something/someone must have been victorious 🙁

Kbrembo
    Free Member

singlespeedstu

Looking a little stiff there Max…
    Maybe mtbellend will be able to advise you on how to relax a little. 🙂

martinhutch

Getting the motivation to abandon well-known local loops and head out a bit further in search of decent cheeky stuff. Some of it was alreet, the most promising bit on the satellite turned out to be mostly a foot deep rut in the heather – too narrow to pedal through, cue 2km of pushing 😥

Still, lovely weather, decent long ride, all good.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Almost made my mind up on new bike…..

kayla1
    Free Member

We found a brilliant bridleway a few miles from home-

In the lower right of this pic there was a fluffy something or other asleep in its burrow 😀

We also made it to the transporter bridge, yay-

but it was closed for maintenance, boo-

singlespeedstu

As for todays little ride victorys.
    We actualy managed to ride until there was propper leg pain and lack of food bonkage going on instead of bimbling to a watering hole.

rOcKeTdOg

Krembo wins the internet so far!

adsbatts89
    Free Member

Big set of jumps at pines and didnt soil myself. Two separate achievements, not related.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Its been my Anniversary today , got up at 7am left the boss in bed and buggered off round the Ladybower Loop , while she took kids to the park , first time I have done the loop and even riding it blind it was a whole lot of fun in the sun , so todays achievement was not being shouted at when I got home …. looks like dinners on me tonight

everyone
    Free Member

Did my first century! I only died a little bit as well.

singlespeedstu

62 miles? hows that a ton? 😉

everyone
    Free Member

I never said it was an old money century! It was ruddy hard regardless haha

singlespeedstu

No disrepect just ripping a little wee.
    Well done if that’s your longest ride yet.

dannyh
    Free Member

The other week I dismantled two anti-MTB barricades in some woods local to me. They were fairly big, about thigh height and made up of 10-15 branches and logs each. It took me about five minutes to do each, but it threw all the bits in different directions and broke some up, so I reckon it would take someone at least twice as long to put them all back. Small victory indeed, but they’ve not gone back up yet. They’ll give up before I do!

everyone
    Free Member

Yea my longest before that had been ~70km. My rides tend to be a bit flatter as well.

maxtorque

Kbrembo
    Awesome photo

It looks like you’re doing the internationally recognised pose/symbol for “how the ‘eck am i going to get down from here then”….. 😉

wilder
    Free Member

Did my longest road ride so far – 70k. Not had the road bike long and still on flats so I’m fairly chuffed. My arse is a mess though.

jam-bo

wilder – Member
    Did my longest road ride so far – 70k. Not had the road bike long and still on flats so I’m fairly chuffed. My arse is a mess though.

Shoulda bleached it…

OCB
    Free Member

No punctures & no dog faeces caught up in anything.

That’s all I ever really look for in a ride (oh, that and not being knocked off & run over of course).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Sunday ride little victories’ is closed to new replies.