Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Sunday night generalisation….
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Just come back from a week in Menorca and my principal observation is :Spanish wine is bloody rubbish.

Discuss.

meehaja
    Free Member

it is, but like greek wine, you just have to drink through the pain and face the new dawn with a bottle of something red, in a bottle with some raffia wrapped round it!

john_drummer
    Free Member

my observation from 2 weeks in Menorca is that it’s about 6 days too long.

where were you staying?

fizzicist
    Free Member

Hmmm, partial to a good Rioja though.

brakes
    Free Member

Rioja is nice.

davidjones15
    Free Member

Sunday night generalisation….
    Spanish wine is bloody rubbish.
    Discuss

People who don’t know what they’re doing shouldn’t be put in charge of ordering wine? 😉

derek_starship
    Free Member

John_drummer – we were in Punta Prima, SE tip of the island.

Tried rosado and tinto. Awful. The resort supermarket very quickly ran out of ozzy Shiraz!

I think the problem is the tempranillo grape. It is musty and lacks balls. Like a dead eunuch.

ton

i drank a few glasses of a nice malbec last night at a argentinian steak place in leeds.
    it was ace……………..and nearly spanish i suppose.. 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

People who don’t know what they’re doing shouldn’t be put in charge of ordering wine?

You need to know what to go for:

john_drummer
    Free Member

we were in Cala’n Forcat, opposite end of the island. Blackpool with sun. That’s what you get for booking last minute I suppose.

Ciutadella was nice though. Reckon if I could’ve found an apartment in the old town it would have been ace.

a good tempranillo should be smooth & velvety. sounds like you bought the bad tempranillo 😉
    and isn’t “tinto” portuguese for “red wine” ? IIIRC Catalan is more like Portuguese than Castillian Spanish, so I guess that would make it a local or maybe mainland Catalan wine?

john_drummer
    Free Member

hmm, toro loco. that’s very nice, and a silly price too

jambalaya
    Free Member

Rioja. Alborino is one of my favourite whites, outstanding with seafood.

wallop

Nooooooo. Rioja, Tempranillo – both nice, and I had a lovely glass of Garnacha after my Sunday lunch today.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

People who don’t know what they’re doing shouldn’t be put in charge of ordering wine?

+1

djglover
    Free Member

Had a great Menica recently.

shifter
    Free Member

I was in Cala’n Bosc the other week. Anyone know how to get chu chu ua out of my head? 3yo singing it all the time isn’t helping 😕

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Sunday night generalisation….’ is closed to new replies.