Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • Sunday MTB/Trail ride in Edinburgh
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Those who braved the weather.

markd
    Free Member

god i am HAWT!

robgarrioch

Damn, bailed before the second photo op… Don’t worry, got soaked on the motorbike instead 🙄 Should’ve asked who’s who re forum names – TJ + Markd I managed to guess. Good to meet fellow dirt-fans, extra kudos on to TJ + J, wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t seen it! Hope to catch you out there again soon.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    househusband
    Free Member

Gutted not to have ridden today. Stupid weather forecasts.

You missed a good one round Gypsy Glen, Jim! Some cracking descents.

SaboteurCherie
    Free Member

I am gutted I didn’t join you guys. Next time eh? 🙁

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Rob – Druidh – the dwarf in the mleh shirt with no suspension, gecko the speedy young chap.

thanks for your kind words – we usually ride better than that but not been out on it for weeks. Its bloody hard work trying to keep up tho. time to lose 30 yrs somewhare

Sab – see you another day. We are out most weeks

robgarrioch

Eh, thought I was the speedy young chap 🙂
    By the by, while trying not to sound too like a tourist:
    “quad track – scalextric”
    Where the H are these? Is that left coming down from Bonaly reservoir then down the ‘farmers’ track? So much to learn

druidh
    Free Member

Rob – drop me an email (you don’t seem to have one listed) and I can supply a wee guide to some of the Pentlands tracks. You’ll need Google Earth.

TJ – dwarf?? I’ll have you know that I’m standing on a patch of low ground in that 1st photo…..

gecko76

speedy young chap

lol – I wasn’t any quicker than anyone else.

video of TandemJeremy and Mrs TJ

Respect to the tandem crew.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Cheers gecko.

juan
    Free Member

TJ FFS your helmet ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG²

gecko76

Two posts Jeremy! You were right.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

*Sniggers*

Juan – in a 30 odd mile ride there are only a couple of bits of any slight technical difficulty. (that was probably the hardest section) Having made the decision that we didn’t want our hats that day those bits were taken slowly and cautiously hence the fact we were minutes behind everyone else.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

‘nother pic

ChrisL

castlelaw is pretty rubbish now

Climbing from the Glencorse side I was quite glad of anything that made the climb slightly less evil…

DGOAB failed to mention the weirdest bit of our ride. As we were riding along the road towards Green Cleugh one of the walkers we passed started shouting at DGOAB about some upcoming roadie event. It wasn’t anyone that either of us knew and I was pretty much ignored. Maybe the guy has some sixth sense for identifying roadies?

robgarrioch

Rob – drop me an email (you don’t seem to have one listed) and I can supply a wee guide to some of the Pentlands tracks. You’ll need Google Earth.

Colin – have upddated profile with address, education much appreciated. Cheers.

13thfloormonk

I’ve noticed the other side of the Dreghorn-Glencorse army track has been flattened now 😥

That was a good descent from Allermuir, steep, rutted and rocky in parts, with a fast and sketchy finish. I’d never actually managed to climb it in one either, always span out on the loosest steepest bit. Hopefully will deteriorate again quickly, here’s hoping for lots and lots of rain!

(not really)

robgarrioch

We can be glad we were all off the hills in good time –

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/8100953.stm

Must remember to carry some baps, salad + steak knife next time…

juan
    Free Member

I have a question
    I am going to aviemore is it all going to be like that? or can I expect some more moutain riding?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Juan – avimore will be just a bit different ( sarcasm) depending what you are riding. espect rocks and bigger steeper mountains rather than gentle hills that the pentlands are.

There is all sorts for all sorts around avimore – from stuff that I wouldn’t bother with my hat for to stuff I am too scared to ride at all

You doing carn mor ban? Read the comments on the scotland trail centre thread

13thfloormonk

(taking the bait)

Aviemore: countless hills above 1000m
    The Pentlands: A few hills over 500m.

Draw your own conclusions? 8)

Nobody pretends the Pentlands offer extreme mountain riding, but they do offer a lot of pretty damn good from-your-city-centre-doorstep riding.

juan
    Free Member

stuff I am too scared to ride at all

Now you are talking…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

When you are up that way Juan try to get to Laggan to do the black – not that I have ridden every black trail centre but I am told that its the only one that really merits its black. I have ridden it ( well most of it) and its great.

stooo
    Free Member

Flippin ek… lightning killing those cows in East Lothian. I was out on the road bike around that area on Sunday… glad I got home before that weather hit!

Glad you lot had a good pentlands ride.

juan
    Free Member

Well not sure it will be doable TJ as I will be without any mean of transportations. But I’ll try.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Train to Newtonmore and ride in? a short half a days ride from the station tho I guess (25 kmish) but there is a bunkhouse not far away from the trail centre want some bad vid clips of Laggan black? ( but give you an idea) – e mail me on jeremyDOTpascoeATbtinternetDOTcom

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

oi, i’m not a roadie! i’m still a mtb’er at heart, i just lost my way for a year or so…

am guessing the pentlands will be a bog fest after all this rain 🙁

Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Sunday MTB/Trail ride in Edinburgh’ is closed to new replies.