Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Sunday Morning in Swaledale
  • Kahurangi

I’m in Swaldedale on Sunday morning for a ride if anyone local fancies some company? I’m thinking of doing some of this route:
    http://www.mtbthedales.org.uk/mtb-home/mtb-findaroute/mtb-route-edge.htm

I’m not going to have any mobile reception (staying in Countersett) but I’ll be at the Dales MTB Centre in Fremington at 9 ish.

markreed
    Free Member

Working unfortunately otherwise I’d have been out. That’s a classic route but it’s worth noting the section along low lane beside the Swale on the return leg is really muddy at the moment following three weeks of solid rain. Some sections are probably under water after the last two days. Really claggy from the bit where it changes from green to blue under the L of Swale on that map. If your not local Stu at DBC will give you plenty of alternatives if you want. Tell him I sent you and he might provide a few cheeky alternatives!

Kahurangi

Cheers for the local info. The Mrs is having a session with Nicola at the DBC, so I’ve got to be back by lunchtime, so probably would have had to cut back from Gunnerside on the road.

I’ll probably try and find out what’s going to be running best from talking to them – maps are all and good but they don’t have the mud conditions on them.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Sunday Morning in Swaledale’ is closed to new replies.