Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sunday late afternoon, what to do in london with my 5 year old daughter?
  • supersessions9-2
    Free Member

In London on sunday, wife and son and aunt going to champions tennis at albert hall for the afternoon session.

So my daughter, uncle and I need to amuse ourselves for 3 hours between 5 and 8. Anywhere good i can take a 5 year old to see some live music? Where’s good for xmas lights and street stuff as well?

I’d rather not go to the cinema as can do that anywhere. but I’ll need somewhere to chill out for a bit as by 7pm she may start flagging after a day in London.

johndoh
    Free Member

Go to the Christmas fair/market in Hyde Park? Although it will be heaving on a Sunday afternoon. Our two loved it when they went (aged 5 1/2 I think).

lunge

Go to the Christmas fair/market in Hyde Park? Although it will be heaving on a Sunday afternoon. Our two loved it when they went (aged 5 1/2 I think).

This, or in a similar vein, walk along South Bank, maybe go on The Eye?

Andy_B

Winter Wonderland – as Johndoh says, expect a crowd and Hyde Park tube station to be exit only or closed due to crowds.
    Skating outside the Natural history Museum
    Last 50 minutes of the natural history museum
    bus from marble arch along oxford street and regent street to see the christmas lights. The 94 is a double decker and would do nicely although there are plenty of others.
    Paddington 2 locations – the antique shop is on Portobello Road (tube is notting hill gate) which would then work for getting the bus. Will likely be very busy on Sunday.

theotherjonv

Free* (put something in the hat at the end though, you tightarses) shows at Covent Garden; some of which are very good, followed by a trip to the lights on Regent Street?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah the Hyde Park thingumy is really excellent, if not for the lightfest alone.

The South Bank will be packed, it’s nice enough though and you’ll see all the city lit up.

CountZero

London Aquarium? I went there with a friend after going on the London Eye not long after the Eye opened, and there were loads of kids there, having a great time, the big open tank where you can stroke rays seemed particularly popular.

globalti
    Free Member

Visit the V&A Museum of Childhood in Bethnal Green: http://www.vam.ac.uk/moc/

oikeith

I was in Soho few weeks ago and the lights on Carnaby Street were very pretty, one of the bigger roads was one over and had some lovely looking lights too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sunday late afternoon, what to do in london with my 5 year old daughter?’ is closed to new replies.