Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • Sunday evening boredom thread
  • emsz
    Free Member

done the washing up, shit on the telly, how was everyones weekend?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Everybody in love

MoreCashThanDash

Not been out on a bike for 3 days now, whole weekend got mucked up over plans to unload children for half term that fell through, was a bit grumpy.

But if I look out the window I can watch MrsMDTC bouncing on the kids trampoline, and that always makes me smile. (And probably does the same for the neighbours)

iDave
    Free Member

why on earth have you shat on the telly?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

recommend the fort william coverage on http://www.mtbworldcup.com

emsz
    Free Member

😆

mboy
    Free Member

But if I look out the window I can watch MrsMDTC bouncing on the kids trampoline, and that always makes me smile. (And probably does the same for the neighbours)

iDave
    Free Member

I rode in the Jura – 3 hour sat, 5 hours today, got a silly tan, drank coffee by the lake, perved judiciously, went to parties fri/sat night and had a completely **** ace weekend. Sorry.

emsz
    Free Member

I fell off on Saturday, got cut on my elbow, no perving, ace party at a mates, hung over today.

not bad

molgrips
    Free Member

I did naff all. Parents are over so took off work from Weds til now. Wandered round Munich on Weds, spent most of the day in hospital on Thurs, then in the car on Friday. Yesterday went to Neuschwanstein castle only to find it a tourist hell-hole and two hours to wait til a guided tour so we came home. Today was better, art gallery followed by coffee.

Bit stressed, driven far too far in an uncomfortable van now Lil Grips is not going to sleep well and it’s about to thunder like blazes.

MoreCashThanDash

Sorry mboy, looks like tonights show has just finished!

emsz
    Free Member

why in hospital Molly?

molgrips
    Free Member

My dad had another one of his attacks of atrial fibrilation. Happens every few years or so, usually at Christmas tho.. but my presence seems to be one of the trigger factors!

emsz
    Free Member

Oh, hope he’s OK!

cynic-al
    Free Member

BEen visiting cynic-mum in hospital

ton

i babysat my grandaughter on friday/saturday.
    i bought her a big paddling pool and pretended to be a island laid in the middle of it, while she climbed all over me and tipped water on my head.
    i went to a stonking real ale pub in leeds last night ( the palace)
    sampled 3 nice pales. then i went for tapas.
    i laid on the settee most of today watching the downhill stuff from nevis.
    it has been a ok weekend.

i would die for a weekends riding tho………… 🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah he’s ok emsz cheers. He has a few things that he has to look after. Hopefully I’ll remain indestructable when I get older…

emsz
    Free Member

How come you’re not riding ton?

Cynical, hope she’s Ok?

mboy
    Free Member

Sorry mboy, looks like tonights show has just finished!

Tis ok, just give me a postcode for next Sunday night… How much is the entry fee by the way, and is the first drink free? 😉

Anyway, spent Saturday afternoon popping down to Bristol, went to the bikefest for a bit, and also took my ex to see her friend in Frenchay (mountain biking accident funnily enough!), spent some time catching up with her too and having a laugh, then off to my mates for the evening for some snacks and lounge about outside catching up. Then today went on a short bike ride with her, and managed to clear a climb I normally have to resort to a granny ring on but managed to do it all on a single 32T up front this time! Minor victory to me… 😀

ton

emsz…………i have been in AF since october.
    owt steeper than a kurb leaves me in a gasping cold sweating mess.

yossarian
    Free Member

Hope your ma is ok Al. And your dad molgrips.

Spent all day yesterday in the swimming pool with my kids. Bad dad forgot to put suntan lotion on. My eldest looks like he’s been on a barbecue. 😳

Went to a crap christening today. It wasn’t crap because it was Christian, it was crap because the vicar was a prat, rushed through it and couldn’t be arsed to remember the kids names etc. Party after was good though.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ton, did they try rebooting you?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Go on put your hands up.

ton

they did mate, about a month ago, it failed.

seeing the consultant in 10 days to see what is the next step.

molgrips
    Free Member

Presumably you’ve had all the drugs…

Kato

I worked all weekend and when I finally got my bike out today, got soaked. Back to work tomorrow, happy days!

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Went with mrs bjj and our dog rogue to his first dog show today. Did really well considering mrs bjj openly admitted that she doesn’t have a clue about ring craft. Won best in class and came 3rd in the overall best in hound group.

emsz
    Free Member

Ton, same thing as Molly’s Dad? just looked it up on Wiki, looks shit, hope you get better soon.

ton

molgrips, i have had indeed. 13 mgs of warfarin, 10 mgs of bisoprolol and some digoxin too.
    sick to hell taking em.

emsz
    Free Member

Aren’t the rosettes supposed to go on the dog? LOL

ton

cheers emsz.
    fingers crossed for the next procedure.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Good to see you back on here though ton 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

emsz – you are a very rude young lady, tsk tsk.

emma82
    Free Member

I did family stuff all weekend. Wasn’t expecting the rain 🙁

Went to the gym this morning, felt knackered all day since.

Back to the normal ‘God I’m bored’ state now that creeps in on Sundays 🙁

emsz
    Free Member

**** off Yeti, your mind 😀

emsz
    Free Member

*waves at Em82*

hows the planning for the big day coming along?

trickydisco
    Free Member

Did my 2nd road race today and i’m ruined! 57 miles with some seriously quick 2nd cats. They ripped it apart from the 1st lap by notching it up to 30-32mph!

Going to bed now

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What… how do you know what I was thinking?

Anyway… for those that can’t… my thoughts are with you and I hope you get better soon. But, for those that can… why aren’t you drinking red wine right now?

emma82
    Free Member

<waves back> big day planning nearly got seriously thwarted yesterday by my five yr old flower girl. I got a dress for her that I loved but bought a back up dress in case the lovely dress didn’t fit. Little madam really wanted the back up dress 🙁 Spent 10 minutes trying to convince her gently that she wanted the princess dress. Her dad got bored eventually and just said ‘Child its not your wedding so you’ll wear what your told’. She pouted for a minute then decided she preferred the princess dress anyway 🙂 phew 😈

emsz
    Free Member

I know *exactly* what you were thinking of…men 🙄

Tricky, WOW! never ridden 57 miles, never mind at 30 mph!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Sunday evening boredom thread’ is closed to new replies.