Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sunday BMX cruisers
  • stanfree
    Free Member

My best mate who I go biking with but who isn't keen on any kind of physical exertion (i.e. climbing hills in order to cycle quickly down them) has hust ordered on of these. Now I had hoped that he would go for a mountain bike or at least a jump bike as he was looking at a commencal for a while. Now I like BMX's and whilst they can be fun how can this bike retail at £549 with no forks no disc brakes and no expensive gearing.?

Your views.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I race with guys who spend well over a grand on their 20" BMX bikes. A couple of them weigh in at 18lbs on the button! Really fast machines!
    DXR is well expensive kit too…

tails
    Free Member

Sunday are a premium bmx brand like santa cruz really no better just more money. Nice bit of kit but I agree 4130 frame you'd expect that to come in sub 4ton.

coastkid
    Free Member

thats cheap…back in the good old days of the mid 1980s a good cruiser bmx was often £1500…just look at mtb prices then…£1800+ for a cannondale hardtail…remmember bmx was a big market but alot of small companys producing handmade frames by just a few welders per company in most instances…i raced in the mid 80s and bikes were around £1000+ and at 16 i was earning £58 a week…the new SE racing bikes now seem like a bargin ….

stanfree
    Free Member

Thanks for the info folks, Coast kid by the way really enjoy your videos and blogs and seeing as you live close by I might even bump into you one day.

pastcaring
    Free Member

back ends to long, bb is to high!

bassspine
    Free Member

wonder what these will cost?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sunday BMX cruisers’ is closed to new replies.