Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Sunday afternoon at the Masters
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Nice bottle of wine

Comfy seat

Let’s hope someone makes a charge….

Good first hole for the leaders.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Aye – what’s with the white boilersuits for the caddies?

scaredypants

convicts, innit – easy day off from the chain-gang

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Down to 3 shots!!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Rose indeed applying a bit of pressure. I’d still like to see Speith do it, if only for his first two rounds.

I think caddies mostly work as decorators in the off-season. It’s a curious tradition, the history of which is obscure, but there you go.

I’m guessing the rules on “shoes” have been relaxed sometime in the last few years, as all the youngsters’ shoes look like trainers these days. 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes shoes must be creating some palpitations among the senior members

Speith is such an awesome putter and at least avoiding the dayglo Nike look!! He deserves to win but I still hope it’s exciting.

Mcilroy looks like he wears a codpiece or box these days….or he has massive cocones !!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

McIlroy’s t-shirt is shocking!

dannyh
    Free Member

Mcilroy looks like he wears a codpiece or box these days….or he has massive cocones !!!

It pays to advertise. Or so said the Aussie quick bowler Jeff Thomson when asked why he shined the ball so vigorously just to one side of his knackers.

This bloke doesn’t look impressed, though. Mind you, he never really does.

Not too many people are mentioning his comparatively normal physique now he seems to have lost some of his ‘golf needs me more than I need golf’ aura, either.

nickc

stupid question alert!!

Is there any penalty for getting in the bunker, or just the pain of having to play out of it?

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I rarely watch golf, but the masters is always entertaining. The talent these guys have is just mind blowing. To be so consistent, and to deal with the pressure.

Edit: Nick, just the pain of having to play out of it. This lot make it looks so easy though.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No penalty indeed in the US often seen as an advantage versus rough they grow round the greens.

Good argument to stop raking bunkers and make them nasty hazards again!!

I once played at the Broadmoor in Colorado just as they were preparing for US seniors open and greens were faster than Augusta. I hit most greens in regulation but three putted every green. My kids found it hilarious!! These guys putting is amazing.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Who is the guy with the arrows?

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Who is the guy with the arrows?

Geronimo?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Ken on the course – a legend

wrightyson
    Free Member

I played golf for a few years, if you thought you could emulate peaty on the odd down hill run it would be good, however getting anywhere near these boys is just unthinkable!

nickc

I don’t watch golf, but this is odd mesmerising and watchable 😆

I like the bloke explaining the stuff about putting and whatever as well. Makes it more enjoyable for the golf thickie!

wrightyson
    Free Member

That little demo on the greens reinforces so much of what teamhurtmore just posted , fair play!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Ken’s last one in the 6th was hilarious!!! Almost impossible for mere mortals!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What the bloody hell kind of thing is the guy in the green shirt using?

lemonysam
    Free Member

That little demo on the greens reinforces so much of what teamhurtmore just posted , fair play!

That demo was great. Not a golf fan particularly but these guys are superhuman.

lemonysam
    Free Member

What the bloody hell kind of thing is the guy in the green shirt using?

And I thought that photo was going to be about Speith’s genitals.

nickc

There are some “misguided trousers” aren’t there 😯

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ian Poulter’s outfits seem awfully understated these days since Rickie Fowler appeared on the scene. 😀

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I was just going to mention the misguided trousers.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Having said that some of the modern gear is cheating for amateurs.

My mate a a Ping G9 driver, which is a few years old, and I had a drive with it.

It went off with a pros trajectory and cleared a long way. I put a reasonable swing on it but I just thought ‘that’s not right’.

They take advantage of these drivers, but most of them do use blades to compensate somewhat. I have hit the titliest irons that a lot of them use derivations of and they have a very small sweet spot.

Not all blades are like that though, some of the muscle back designs you see them use are more forgiving, and my Hogan Apex redlines from 1988 were the most beautiful club to hit.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Speith…nooooooooo 😐

wrightyson
    Free Member

No need for a pitch mark tool on those greens. Has the paving expert been in town doing the sub-base 😯

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I had a few of my cousins pop over a few weeks ago wrighty – they had a bit of stuff leftover from a council job. 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

So tigers a pussy!

wrightyson
    Free Member

DD 😆

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Having said that some of the modern gear is cheating for amateurs

Yeah, I find that a new club means that I slice it at least 20 metres further into the rough.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Yeah, I find that a new club means that I slice it at least 20 metres further into the rough.

that’s the other issue. A mate used to hit his drives nice and straight and a long way, but when he got a great big bertha he then got sloppy and tried to hit it. Was more wayward and also lost average distance!

scandal42
    Free Member

Loving this, watched every night.

Tiger in the bushes, hoping Phil or Justin make move for a big finish.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Tiger is a picture of misery today. 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Despite all the equipment, average handicaps have not improved. Perhaps amateurs are not popping ….oh, no don’t go there.

Just gone back to a 80s Wilson staff blade putter. The feel is awesome. Why did I ever leave it?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Bllx no one making a charge now. Early bed?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If Spieth gets round Amen Corner unscathed, I’ll be hitting the sack early I reckon.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Night, night DD 😉

Sadly this is playing out just as my son and I feared. Early charges die away and Spieth solid as a rock.

Good for him though, great skill and attitude

wrightyson
    Free Member

21 ain’t he? **** me that’s a bright future!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

To be fair, the standard of golf today has fallen below what we’d normally hope for on a Sunday do we think? Not saying Spieth hasn’t been awesome throughout but he hasn’t had to produce anything other than to be solid today (and of course the birdie record). I had high hopes after the first two holes, but it’s died away a bit since.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Sunday afternoon at the Masters’ is closed to new replies.