Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sunbeds for winter blues, SAD, vit D etc, do you, would you?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

if you do, does it help?

cinnamon_girl

Well, if it’s any help I was tested for vit D level and discovered mine was extremely low. Now take a high dose supplement of 5,000iu.

Have you been tested?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Go outdoors?

After going to the docs after getting to Tasmania both me and the missus were suggested vit d checks. Explained that our sunshine quota was fine.

If your worried get it checked better than turning orange and getting skin cancer

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cinnamon_girl

Doesn’t necessarily make a difference being outdoors, I do ride a bike now and again!

If your GP won’t test, you can have it done (you stab yourself though) for around £25 which is what I did.

Milkie
    Free Member

SAD Lights in most rooms seems to help me.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Cinammon girl has a point – nearly everyone is low on vit D and using sunblock doesn’t help. Away from summer vit D synthesis in the body isn’t anywhere near as good as in summer.

UK RDAs for vit D are also too low, USA is higher and Canada is higher again and seems to be about right – see the book The Health Delusion for more info (this is excellent as well). Apparently > 70% of human tissues have vit D receptors, so we are gagging for it…

My wife takes vit D for the same reason as CG.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sunbeds for winter blues, SAD, vit D etc, do you, would you?’ is closed to new replies.