Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Sun, wind or rain?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Q1. Would you rather have a sunny commute but with a headwind, or a dull overcast one with a few spots of rain but only a bit of wind?

Q2. Would you rather have a dry commute with a big headwind, or one with no wind at all but steady rain?

AndyP
    Free Member

1) sunny and headwind
    2) dry and headwind

headwind just makes for better training. rain makes for more dangerous road conditions.

molgrips
    Free Member

I frigging hate headwinds.

What if your commute of 2.5 hours was going to end up 3 hours because of wind? 🙁

Smee
    Free Member

Heavy warm rain with no wind is one of my favourite types of weather.

fbk
    Free Member

No wind every time 🙂

iamtheresurrection

Don't like no wind at all, feels like a headwind in all directions.

A light headwind around 5mph is perfect, but I'd take rain, sleet or snow over a really strong wind every time…

dmiller
    Free Member

1) dull overcast one with a few spots of rain but only a bit of wind
    2) no wind at all but steady rain

I frigging hate headwinds.

Even worse are the ones where its a headwind to work and a head wind home. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

molgrips
    Free Member

Every day for the last few weeks it's been quite still in the mornings so only a slight tailwind.. then the wind picks up during the day so it's a solid headwind in time for me to ride home 🙁

simondbarnes

Headwinds are bad as they can make my commute take over 4 hours.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I hate headwinds I will take the inconvenience of wearing a coat over a headwind any day. My gear still ends up wet weather its raining or not. And a headwind has been known to more than double my commute.

pomona
    Free Member

Where I live the wind only comes in 2 directions, North or South. My commute to work starts by South, swings round a headland then goes North.
    All wind is bad and it is always windy. 15kts is considered calm. Strangely enough I usually drive.

It is, however, fun in a perverse sort of way commuting on the bike in a 50kt gusting 70kt southerly, especially the 2km crosswind section

roper
    Free Member

I live in Spain so we only have sunny and dry commute 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

I can buy the correct kit for riding in the rain. So long as I don't get cold from it I'm fine. I don't know any kit that takes the misery out of a strong headwind.

ton

i have ridden into work for that long, i do not even register the weather anymore.
    blokes at work say 'it's raining, your gonna get wet'
    i do not even notice it.

wors

Anything but wind i hate the wind

AndyP
    Free Member

What if your commute of 2.5 hours was going to end up 3 hours because of wind?
    sounds great. an extra half an hour on the bike 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Sun, wind or rain?’ is closed to new replies.