Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • sun warming up a paddling pool….cover on or off?
  • ed34
    Free Member

got a 60cm deep paddling pool filled yesterday so a tiny bit chilly still, came with a loose fitting plastic sheet cover (not one of the bubble wrap solar cover things).

Anyway if its not used in the day will it warm quicker with cover on or off? Cover is dark blue so i’m thinking leave it on when kids arent in it.

wwaswas

I think it depends if it’s on a conveyor belt or not.

ed34
    Free Member

its on a turntable on a conveyor if that helps. Or will this cause a mass cooling effect rather than heating?

sharkbait
    Free Member

On I would have thought. If you fill it slowly the water would heat up flowing through the hose pipe.
    Washed my boat down last week and the water was hot!

wwaswas

I’d leave the cover on, if only to stop it filling up with dead flies, bird poo and stuff blowing in it.

bigrich

paint it black.

CaptJon
    Free Member

bigrich – Member
    paint it black.

Don’t be stupid, you can’t paint water. Put a small camping stove underneath to heat it up.

johndoh
    Free Member

You could put black dye in the water though…

wwaswas

use blue food colouring and then dress the kids as smurfs post splash about?

Flaperon

Cover on, but lay it on the water.

johndoh
    Free Member

Fill it with ducks – instant duck down duvet.

Saccades
    Free Member

Cover off during the day and put the cover on at night to reduce the thermal loss.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Whatever you do it’ll be warm 10 mins after they’ve peed in it 🙂

cloudnine
    Free Member

I’ve cut a piece of black plastic dpm the shape of the pool that sits on the surface.. or just fill it from the hot water tap

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Your supposed to use your kettle to fill it up !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘sun warming up a paddling pool….cover on or off?’ is closed to new replies.