Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sun Ringle Charger Expert users…
  • Gotama
    Free Member

How are you finding the bearings? Seen one review that said the bearings tend to wear quickly but just after some real world opinions. Tempted by a set of 29er wheels on crc and can’t really afford to stretch for my favoured Hope hubs so these look like a decent deal. Ta

mrjmt
    Free Member

I’ve got some of the 26″, still in the box though as not had a chance to fit them.

I believe the hubs are cartridge bearings so you can most likely just drift the old ones out and replace them if the do go pap.

I’ve heard the freewheels are a bit rubbish, its deffo very clicky, thats the only observation I can make so far!

Gotama
    Free Member

Can’t be any more clicky than hope! I’m sure there was a thread on here the other week but i can’t for the life of me find it. 😕

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

There’s been a few threads recently. Use the search button.

I got the chargers and black flags, not fitted yet though. My only concern is the freehub but we’ll wait and see. Appart from this, they are very good quality for the price.

Gotama
    Free Member

Use the search button

Thanks for that insight

scruff
    Free Member

I’ve ridden my Experts 4 times, alot less clicky than hopes. I have an issue in granny / low gear on steepest stuff, nasty sound from drivetrain somwhwere but may be cassette or granny not pinpointed enough to blame freehub yet.

scruff
    Free Member

Oh and the 2011 rears are QR only, but 2012s can be converted to 12mm.

weeksy

Bought a pair of 29er black flags yesterday. Should have them fitted up and tested by Sat afternoon I hope. If not, will be Sunday

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sun Ringle Charger Expert users…’ is closed to new replies.