Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Sun Ringle Black Flag Pro wheels- rear wheel 'crunchy'
  • DickBarton

Had these for about 5 months now, had little use (work/family issues), but recently, the rear is making some crunchy noises every now and again. Taking them apart, they are pretty basics beasts – axle end nut/axle/spacer/washer/bearing(s)/pawls/freehub.

The freehub sounds and feels smooth and everything is clean, there is no visible signs of damage, so I’m a bit stuck to know what is causing the issue. Anyone else use these and had this noise and worked out what it was? If so, what was it and how was it fixed? (new wheels aren’t an option! And the frame itself all appears to be tight with no loose bolts at the rear end – bike is a 2011 Whyte 146S)

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

they were well known for having poor bearings and seals, you have eliminated them?

DickBarton

Nope, but if that is what it is then that isn’t a problem, last set I had did the same and the bearings were ‘ok’ when I replaced them a year later…so if that is all it is then I’m fine with that…will be getting replaced in another 6 months anyway…although given my low mileage it is a bit poor, but they are easy and cheap enough to replace, thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Sun Ringle Black Flag Pro wheels- rear wheel 'crunchy'’ is closed to new replies.