Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Sun Pipes/Solar Pipes, experiences?
  • spooky_b329

Just considering one of these for a large P shaped hallway with just a frosted front door at the end of the P. Always gloomy even with half glazed doors to the kitchen and living room.

Seem to be various options from £200-£400, are they all fairly similar (I mean its just a roof dome and reflective pipe, right?).

The Velux one has a cool looking diffuser/glow ring for the ceiling, yet apparently its flat rooflight is less effective than a dome style.

Southwest roof, calculator reckons one pipe will provide between 1 and 3 ’60 watts bulbs worth’ of light depending on the amount of sun.

Also interested how fiddly they are to fit…its a bungalow but still not keen on roof work!

ferrals
    Free Member

The one we had in a rented property leaked a fair bit (I guess mastic would fix that) – but it gave a hell of a lot of light, kept thinking I’d left the light on

cbike
    Free Member

Need to be well sealed otherwise you end up with the best insect collection in the world. Even then I reckon you still need to hoover it.

My folks removed their two in a kitchen.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Sun Pipes/Solar Pipes, experiences?’ is closed to new replies.