Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Summertime snowboarding in the Alps?
  • ratswithwings
    Free Member

Who done it. When and where did ya go?

Is September too late to get some fun or should I aim to go in July to get more?

cheers.

ads678

Think the only place you will find any will be glaciers* and even then the conditions will be shit. Could be ok for a morning but i’d rather get the bike out!

*Unless you want proper back country stuff. Like off the aguille de midi cable car or something.

jamesmio
    Free Member

Done Tignes in June and July, and tbh it really wasn’t worth the trip.

Snow conditions are pretty poor (the second trip was more like surfing), so honestly I wouldn’t bother.

Go to the Alps in summer for the biking instead (it’s fantastic) and save the snow stuff for winter (failing that head to NZ!)

jambalaya
    Free Member

Did summer skiing once (Tignes) and have never bothered again, FWIW skiing is my number 1 love so if it was any good I’d have gone regularly. Icy in the morning and slush by 12 when the lifts shut. That’s quite dire on skis and I would imagine worse on a board.

ratswithwings
    Free Member

Ha! Yeah thanks for the tips. Was thinking it would be glacial. Ice would be a nightmare!!!

darrell
    Free Member

done it in a few places in Switzerland. its ok for an hour or so but thats it

BeveledEdge
    Free Member

I’m gonna go against the grain here and say that depending on what you’re looking for summer skiing can be great. If you just want to ski the piste then obviously it’s not going to be so good, but if you want to ski park it rocks! Lovely soft landings, and no feeling that you should be elsewhere on the mountain making the most of the conditions.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Summertime snowboarding in the Alps?’ is closed to new replies.