Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Summer SPD's
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Need new shoes

What’s the recommendations?

One thing I would like is a shoe which has a decent system of separating the plate from the inside of the shoe, like with just a sticker only – like some of the Shimano offerings. This makes the ball of your foot go cold and numb I find

gypsumfantastic
    Free Member

Apply one to each foot for best results 😕

Shimano M163’s are super comfy and well vented at the front

bonesetter
    Free Member

They put gypsum in beer water don’t they – any connection with your moniker?

Gotama
    Free Member

I like my Giro shoes. The fizik M5 shoes I bought before that were very nicely made but just too narrow for my troll feet. Would recommend them if you have a Sidi type foot though.

medoramas
    Free Member

…This makes the ball of your foot go cold…

Isn’t that desirable in “summer shoes”? 😆

I’ve had some Shimano’s, Nike’s and now I’ve been using Mavic Pulse (for almost 2 years now) – very comfy and well ventilated shoes.

swanny853

Very impressed with my Specialized rimes last summer- cool enough in 40 degrees and I’m just starting to use them again now. Comfy to walk in but still light and now to ride in. If the durability is anywhere near as good as shimano then they may become my favourite shoes

bonesetter
    Free Member

swanny853 – Member
    Very impressed with my Specialized rimes

Blimey – £140 ?!

What’s the arrangement with the spd plate? Is it pretty much against the foot as with the Shimano’s?

mogrim

Very happy with my Shimanos, and anything that keeps my feet cooler in summer is a bonus.

bonesetter
    Free Member

^ Which model?

gypsumfantastic
    Free Member

They put gypsum in beer water don’t they – any connection with your moniker?

You can bung it in your mash tun it helps extraction and accentuates bitterness but in my case it was a Brass Eye reference iirc he was a slaughterman

bonesetter
    Free Member

He he – Burtonise your water 🙂

gypsumfantastic
    Free Member

Now there’s a blast from the past

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Blimey – £140 ?!

Was about to suggest my choice of summer shoe;

I have the black ones. They’re super comfy, brilliantly well put together, and as stiff as the top end Spesh road shoe, which makes them stunning for pretty much anything apart from walking in! They also fit every criteria you asked for.

But then….They’re not cheap! 😀

(Might be an idea to set a budget in your OP if £150 is scary! 😉 )

cloudnine
    Free Member

Giro privateer

bonesetter
    Free Member

^ isn’t being able to walk in your mtb shoe a bonus though, or indeed a need when you’re down the pub?

I suppose £150 is OK if they are going to last a fair few years

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I can walk in them absolutely fine, but not for long treks. They’re shoes for riding in! 🙂

bonesetter
    Free Member

Oh, I’m on about when down the pub, or say pushing your bike up the trail and not being totally out the depth

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Gotcha. Fine for that. Moot point, really, given price! 😉

Rimes are very good, though. Look for 2014 ones, with the Boa.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Summer SPD's’ is closed to new replies.