Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Summer shorts reccomendations
  • SixFootTwo
    Free Member

Humvees are like a boil in the bag for my gentlemens parts so wondered what a good light summer addition might be to the shorts wardrobes (Speedos and thongs aside)

shredder
    Free Member

Endura MTR

teasel
    Free Member

I’ve been wearing PI bibs. It’s not a pretty sight for anyone unfortunate enough to spot me riding but it’s a lot cooler than shorts over the top.

Edit : But if you must wear them – take a gander at the Mavic Stratos; expensive but very lightweight and cool in use. You need a big box to make the most of ’em, though…

Northwind

Altura Mayhems for me. But! The blue and black ones use a different material to the brown ones. Brown are much lighter and airier, the other colours are alright in the heat (big vents, reasonably light) but the brown ones are ace.

teasel
    Free Member

See

sweaman2
    Free Member

Endura mtr +1

Light weight and comfortable for me.

teef
    Free Member
    warns74
    Free Member

If your username is accurate then:

Royal Signature Shorts are spot on for the longer leg and pretty lightweight too as are the One Industries Vapour

honourablegeorge

Troy Lee Skylines are super light and comfy, and cheap on CRC right now

Mind you, the ones I got are dayglo yellow, and I’ve only been wearing them round the house so far.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Liking my POC Flow shorts.

hooli

Funkier shorts from CRC are nice and cool, not great for your street cred though 😉

BillOddie

Any with great big thigh vents.

zippykona

Liberate your lycra comrade.
    Its like floating in the clouds surrounded by flowers.

loddrik
    Free Member

Altura Flexx, best most comfy and coolest (as in degrees) shorts I’ve had.

SixFootTwo
    Free Member

Went with the Zymes and the Skylines in the end, will keep the pair that fits the best. Thanks for the suggestions folks

SixFootTwo
    Free Member

The Zymes have it, they fit nicely and look damn good off the bike, very lightweight and have a more natural fibre feel. The belt is a bit shite and I suspect will crumble but I’ll be using something without a metal buckle instead anyways.

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

Another vote for the Troy Lee Skylines. Decent fit, not too hot to wear. Seem pretty sturdy as well and they have super deep pockets + a zipped one on the back so you can carry enough to go without a pack if you just want a quick spin. Also, they were a lot cheaper than decent MTB shorts tend to be when I got them on CRC.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Summer shorts reccomendations’ is closed to new replies.