Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 1,496 total)
  • summer rugby
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Brilliant start!

namastebuzz
    Free Member

If only we could get rid of Miles Harrison and Fatty Barnes.

A poorer commentary duo I can’t imagine.

kiwifiz
    Free Member

Cooked breakfast: check. Good Coffee: check. AB whitewash of French with two outstanding length of pitch tries: Check. Cracking Lions start: check. = happy sofa bound kiwifiz!

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Zebo looking up for this. Philips could do with being a bit sharper.

Awful lot going on after the ball has been played away from the rucks in particular.

ElVino

Zebo on fire, playing himself at least into test squad, admit his defence not fully tested yet. Heaslip should have done much better at the last scrum

bruk

Mm Zebo great in attack but worrying in defence, bit too lightweight in the tackle. 1/2p is the nailed on full back on this display.

zokes
    Free Member

I have to say I really like this novelty of cheering, rather than cringing, every time 1/2p gets the ball 😀

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Personally I think it is the defensive system that can leave the wingers a bit exposed, in two minds who to take and making them look worse than they are. Except cuthbert he is poop in defence….and in saying the above and although scrambling maitland should not have missed that tackle.

Think j davies playing very well also

Tom-B
    Free Member

How is the back row working as s unit?

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Backrow ok as a unit, heaslip not his very best I would say. Think they are benefitting from the tackle work of poc, awj and tom youngs.

Pigface
    Free Member

Lions cutting loose now. 1/2p outstanding 😀 making himself a legend.

ElVino

JD looking exceptional would be man of match if not for 1/2p, looking bad for doctor

ijs445ra
    Free Member

JD superb I would have him at12 and bod at 13 irrespective of roberts being fit. Tom youngs prob best performance by hooker on tour so far. Poc and awj very good took a lot of work off backrow as did t youngs.

Scamper
    Free Member

But warbs still with the highest tackle count i believe as you’d expect. Played solidly, nothing flashy, first to the breakdown, good captaincy.

anagallis_arvensis

Not able to see the game but I hear the lineout was good, was this the case?

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Agree scamper.

A_a lineout was good but youngs only threw front and middle, hibbard threw one long and it missed target. Plenty of options with croft, poc and awj

anagallis_arvensis

Any good middle ball tapped off the top or was it slow?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Are the wallabies playing a warm up match?

Pigface
    Free Member

Don’t think they are.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Test team:

1. Mako
    2. Youngs
    3. Adam
    4. AWJ
    5. POC
    6. Croft
    7. Hovis
    8. Heaslip
    9. Phillips
    10. Sexton
    11. North
    12. Davies
    13. BOD
    14. Zebo
    15. 1/2p

???

anagallis_arvensis

If Roberts is broken I think Gatland will want Cuthbert in to help punch holes, not sure Zebo is any better a defender than Cuthbert.

bench

Corbisero
    Hibbard
    Cole
    Grey/Parling
    SOB
    Youngs
    Coaches kid
    Tuilagi or maybe Zebo or Maitland

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Line out ball was pretty quick for the most part, breakdown could have been quicker and I think philips was cruising a bit.

Tom_b pretty much how I see it but faletau at 8 and corbisero to start purely for his scrumaging mako as impact sub.

Would like to see zebo or maitland start but not sure gatland wont go with Cuthbert.

Edit: they need to look at the defensive setup in the backs, against reds and waraths the wingers have been exposed/outnumbered at times…unless what we have seen is all a decoy

Double edit: Farrell sat too deep when he came on and kicked a bit too much and aimlessly, hogg as 10 cover and manu for me

anagallis_arvensis
    wrecker
    Free Member

Mainland wasn’t very good at all today. It was ok, but I feel they lacked aggression. The waratahs were missing 6 first team players and still had dominance at the breakdown for a lot of the game. I’m starting to feel less confident about the tests……..
    Wouldn’t let Hogg anywhere near the tests.

anagallis_arvensis

Watched first half, Warbs working hard, Croft playing well, Heaslip completely awol. Warbs talked to the ref more in first ten mins than the entire of last weeks game.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Cheers for the link a_a watched most of it. My thoughts…..1-7 were all very good Youngs AWJ and Croft really put their names in the mix for a start. Warns very good too. Heaslip was pretty quiet….maybe Toby will start at 8. Half backs are nailed on starters as is 1/2p. Centres are the biggest call for me. I thought that the Roberts Davies partnership was excellent today but surely BOD starts? Zebo and North on the wings for me if fit.

Pigface
    Free Member

Wade been caled up

wrecker
    Free Member

The scots are having a bloody good go at the boks!
    Glad laidlaw isn’t on the lions tour though.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Gahh is Wade not playing today for England then? Edit…no he isn’t. Hopefully this must spell the end of Gashton’s England career. Jonny May set to replace Wade tonight.

wrecker
    Free Member

Kvesic didn’t impress last week. Not sure he’s an international standard 7, we’ll see how he gets on tonight. Surprised no spot for Burrell with 36 called to aus. Looking forward to seeing eastmond and may.

Scamper
    Free Member

So could be without north and roberts for first test!?

wrecker
    Free Member

Losing North would be a big blow. There’s plenty of talent available in the centre.

anagallis_arvensis

If Roberts, North and Tuilagi are all broken Gatland Ball is ****!

anagallis_arvensis

If Wade is being called up they must want to not play Cuthbert on Tuesday and dont want maitland and zebo to double up.

wrecker
    Free Member

How bad is Manu? Davies and 36 are available. Still not bad options!
    Shame for Scotland today. So close but came down with a case of stupid rugby syndrome in the 2nd half. Pity as they were the better team in the first. Strokosh was immense!

Pigface
    Free Member

Barritt on his way as well, can we say scrapping the barrel?

anagallis_arvensis

Barrit will be fine for mid week cannon fodder but in a test! God no. How many mid week games are left?

anagallis_arvensis

anyway have watched the second half, good job that Skelton fella is good at rugby because if he tried show jumping like his brother he’d need a **** big horse!

Aussies are horrible niggly **** aren’t they

anagallis_arvensis

Heaslip only came into the game when Croft went off, I don’t think they work together

anagallis_arvensis

Did anyone replace Roberts or did they play the last 5-10 with 14 men

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 1,496 total)

The topic ‘summer rugby’ is closed to new replies.