Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Summer Rain and Mud!
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

Ye really canny whack it, fantastic night out myself there for a wee scoot, rain coming off and on, slight myst rising when the sun comes out, sun cracking through the clouds, warm enough that all the rain does is cool you down, Outstanding! Feeling refreshed as anything right now after a shower and some scran! People that don’t go out in the rain really do miss a fantastic part of biking!

hugor
    Free Member

I was gonna post a siilar thread.
    Had an amazing ride yesterday arvo. Back to basics for me.
    Decided to leave the FS bike with all the bling at home and go for a spin on the hardtail commuter.
    With some runners, flats, and semi slick tires sliding around in the mud was amazing fun.
    The hardtail reminded me how to ride properly again too!
    Had some scary descents sliding down the sides of some hills but the confidence of not being clipped in and being able to bail at any moment was heaps of fun.
    The heavy downpour came of course so it was into the pub for a couple of pints before heading back out onto the trails again.
    I’m never one to head out in the rain but this was much more fun than I would have ever anticipated.
    I felt like a schoolkid again.

rOcKeTdOg
    Yetiman
    Free Member

I also had a great ride last night in fairly mixed conditions. Last weekend and the early part of this week saw quite a bit of rain so the usual dubby bits were…..let’s just say more dubby than usual…..it was ace fun 😀

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Good ride for me last night too. Cool, muddy, wet and slippy – was ace.

D0NK

I ride in enough mud and rain during autumn winter and spring, it would be nice to have wall to wall sunshine and buff dry trails for the whole of summer – i mean….is that really too much to ask?

Nice offroad commute yesterday, bit of mud and a few puddles but no rain.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

got lucky – tuesday nights ride was pretty dull, wet and muddy – light drizzle but mucky – then it turned amazing as we found 2.5 miles of pure challenging ‘cheeky’ singletrack with plenty of challenging terrain…

i then did the same ride last night, and it was more or less dried up…the sun came out and it was even better the second time around…

now got a cracking pretty full on ‘cheeky’ loop going for nights that includes some of the best riding ive done in the peak!

wwaswas

was a bit muddy in places on the Downs near Brighton last night;

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Summer Rain and Mud!’ is closed to new replies.