Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Summer nights, drop bars and silver linings.
  • tang
    Free Member

Last week was set to be a good one, heading off to Wales. Unfortunately my wife got ill and we had to stay at home, not only that but the MTB was out of action. My only choice was to beef up the custom CX with some low gears, clutch mech and 45c tyres (a conscious choice on the build). Once I had fed the kids and put the little one to bed the rest of the failing light was mine.

The next few evenings were among the best riding I have had for ages: local loops, hot nights, chasing the sunset, welcoming the moon and legs feeling great. Head empty and all I can hear are the grasshoppers and buzz of a Chris King freewheel chasing me down the trail. Coming home hot, dusty and brimming with joy. Just the best.

Bike is ready for 2.5 hrs nightly duty on repeat.

45c and drop bar, fantastic for both sides of the fence

Golden hour coming

Gold

golden hour

lighting up

Play time

Chasing the moon

ferrals
    Free Member

Fourth picture is a belter

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

1. Nice bike. Even if the colours are not to my taste. Details please.

2. Nice photos.

3. Lucky you to have that kind of riding on your doorstep. Slightly jealous.

federalski
    Free Member

Really great pics, the 6th one is cracking.
    That loop looks like it must have taken a bit of groundwork to tie it all in together, and looks real fun.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Lovely bike, nice pics but the sock/knee warmer gap in pic 3 is making me queasy.

lovechoc
    Free Member

Very nice!

matt_outandabout

Riding bikes is ace.

scandal42
    Free Member

Nice

seanthesheap
    Free Member

Top post Tang, i love the bike and the pictures. What tyres are you using?

tang
    Free Member

Seanthesheep – Vee tyre Rails 1.75. Picked up for 9.99 each on CRC a while back, tubelessed no probs.
    Pretty lucky in this neck of the Cotswolds, I can ride into trail in every direction for 1/2 hour to all day.
    The bike is a CX bike but I made it slightly sloping and clearance for big tyres, 853 made by local builder Ted James. Luckily I’m supported by ENVE so they sorted the finishing kit.
    Here’s the bike in race mode, SRAM, and tubs.

tang
    Free Member

Some more

For the haters

Fwe baggies are great.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Fwe baggies are great.

Can’t argue with that. Really good shorts, well worth £25 a pair or whatever they are now!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Like that, a lot!

tang
    Free Member

Summer keeps on giving.

Out on the estate today

I grew up in the woods and promised never to stray too far.

This hill has made me spew, nearly up the top.

Have a cracking weekend folks!

cheers_drive

Great post
    <goes to order some few shorts>

SaxonRider

Those are fantastic and inspiring!

EDIT: And the bike looks great.

richardkennerley

How old is your little one and what time do you put him/her to bed? As much as I’d love to get out in an evening, I really can’t be bothered by the time I’ve fought with our little one until she’s drunk her milk and her energiser batteries have finally run out!! (Bed time routine began at 7pm tonight and I’ve just got her down at 8:30!) Admittedly other nights are much better.)

tang
    Free Member

No3 is down by 7.15/30! My good wife is better now, but it remains that parental duty is foremost.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Drop bars and singletrack. ORSUMZ!

Lovely pics, OP. There’s something lovely about snatching a ride between “life” and really enjoying every second of it!

tang
    Free Member

Absolutely Flash. Just vanishing for a bit is a nourishment that only us riders of the trail know about.

Vanishing today

richardkennerley

Took 1h40 to get her down tonight…. Maybe next summer…..

tang
    Free Member

Sunny side up.

tang
    Free Member

The Summer rolls on it seems, although my parenting hours riding are certainly accompanied by lights. The bike is approaching is strip down for cross mud, but its all good.
    On the estate

If you have to get in line, follow some good ones

Slad Valley, the home of Laurie Lee, whom I knew as a youngster. He encouraged me to ‘Walk out one mid summers morning’ Which I did, but the Cotswold valleys are always home.

Just behind my house

TOB KOM

And later the same evening Tom Ritchey getting a braze on.

Been a great Summer and I’m off to the dusty lanes of India for November, different bike though…

jimwah
    Free Member

Inspiring pics, love that bike – great colours and it just looks really well proportioned.

tang
    Free Member

Cheers Jimwah. Building a MTB this winter! Got a lovely carbon race frame but fancy a steel HT again.

tang
    Free Member

Thanks Summer for not giving up yet.

Drinking it in

Lunchtime really

Getting lost and found

burko73

tang

what cassette/ shifters/ mech are you running on that lovely bike?

are those hydro discs?

burko73

lovely pics by the way. post bedtime rides are some of the best. exposure insurance always handy this time of the yr.

looks like the weather has turned here on the south coast though…

tang
    Free Member

10sp Ultegra shifters xt/hope 11-40 cassette and xt clutch mech. All working via wolf tooth tanpan and road link widgets

tang
    Free Member

Time for some new decals…

Now the big tyres are off and normal cx service begins.
    Farewell to Summer ride.

ciquta
    Free Member

thanks, inspiring pictures!

a silly question out of curiosity… how did you take all these pictures of yours being on your own?

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Summer nights, drop bars and silver linings.’ is closed to new replies.